Raspberry Wheat ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jafu12

Reaction score
I am going to be brewing a raspberry wheat beer but with the kit i got it only gave me raspberry extract to use when i bottled, I want something more authentic then a extract. ive heard 2nd stage ferm with frozen and ive heard Pasteurizing fresh fruit in my wort.

What is the best way to incorporate fruit into my beer?

Fruit purees work really well. Oregon Fruits/Vintner's Harvest produce them.

I have always used Oregon purée. I put it in the secondary and rack ontop of it for 7-14 days. You will get more flavor and aroma that way.

Racking refers to transferring your beer from one container to another by siphoning. So basically, you add the fruit to the secondary, and then transfer the beer on top.

good deal .. sorry i keep asking questions .. u prob feel like your making my beer for me .. how much puree for a 5 gallon batch would be reasonable ?

It depends on taste, but between 16 and 32 ounces of purée . I usually put 46 ounces ( 1 can) in a 10 gallon batch.
Don't worry about the questions lol, that's why were were drawn to forums like this in the first place!

Usually 1-2 lbs per gallon, depending on how intense you want the flavor to be.

Latest posts

Back