Any ideas for my fifth gallon of honey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rowingbrewer

Reaction score
So I just placed an order for a 60lb pail of honey. And decided to make 5 batches of mead each 5 gallons
1 still blueberry
2 sparkling blueberry
3 sparkling raspberry
4 spiced mead
5 ????

Any ideas

I dunno man, I always like to have one normal mead in the pipeline and available for when I get tired of any of the funky stuff.

Although, if you're looking to make something quicker, Homebrewer99's light lemonade mead (less than 1g of honey, giving you some spare for backsweetening the others) is pretty darn good.

I'd think about a traditional mead. If the honey is good quality, it will be well worth it. What's more, you may need something to use for topping up the other 4 batches.

Medsen

Rowing,
I am just now tasting the apricot mead I got going a month ago. I am very happy with the way it is going. Just 2 mashed apricots, 40 oz. honey, 1 cinnamon stick, a few raisins, Lalvin EC-1118 yeast. This is a one gallon mix.

Thanks for the ideas, but after going through the recipe section I think I might do a batch of MAOM. I was on the fence about making that or trying something new, but I really liked it when I helped a friend make it. I will make some different meads with next years pail.

Its wild flower honey.(they have light wild flower and wildflower, i opted for the wildflower as i figured it would have more flavor and was like 25 cheaper for the pail) on this places website they say they never heat the honey above 100 degrees when extracting, so I assume its still going to have all its wonderful honey qualities

I'm going to drop the batch of sparkling bueberry mead and make a plain mead instead.
1 still blueberry
2 sparkling raspberry
3 MAOM
4 Spiced Mead
5 Still plain mead

I know a gallon of my annual honey buy every year goes to a cyser...if you have any way to get some good fresh cider in Lowell (got to be some apples in dem pahts), I'd do a cyser.

Latest posts

Back