Keg Priming... ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronin

Reaction score
Heya I have a few corny kegs ready to go, but cant afford to get the rest of the gear at the moment... i.e. no hoses, no CO2, no taps....

Could i utilize the kegs and rack my beer into one, add priming sugar like as if I were bottling and then let it sit for a month? :confused:

they are just sitting there and I wanna utilize them.. maybe in the meantime while they sit for a month conditioning i might buy the rest of the equipment i need to pour....

Lots of folks naturally carbonate in their kegs. They're great for conditioning and bulk aging as well as dispensing.

If you naturally carb, you can even get a little co2 keg charger and a cobra tap to dispense with while you're putting together your system.

Could i utilize the kegs and rack my beer into one, add priming sugar like as if I were bottling and then let it sit for a month?

Yes, but you do need CO2 to seat the seals of the keg (and, as already mentioned, to dispense the beer).

Lots of folks naturally carbonate in their kegs. They're great for conditioning and bulk aging as well as dispensing.

If you naturally carb, you can even get a little co2 keg charger and a cobra tap to dispense with while you're putting together your system.

Can you link said co2 charger and cobra tap from any website so I know what to get? (they are pepsi kegs)

thanks!

awesome, thanks!!!!

So, all I really need in order to keg prime and store is the gas charger with ball lock fitting (and cartridges)... right? Can i leave the liquid connect bare until such time i want to dispence and then get a ball lock and tap?

awesome, thanks!!!!

So, all I really need in order to keg prime and store is the gas charger with ball lock fitting (and cartridges)... right? Can i leave the liquid connect bare until such time i want to dispence and then get a ball lock and tap?

Absolutely, but if your ordering you mine as well get the cobra tab and another ball lock for tasting :mug:

go ahead man....mines been sitting for two years untapped. I took a swig yesterday and it was still good. Gonna chill it and tap it asap now!

If you do decide to buy a co2 charger, check out local bike shops in your area(bicycle or motorcycle), as they usually carry these for $5-$15(us).

Back