did i mess up my yeast/batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cochrun

Reaction score
i am new to brewing. i have only brewed about 3 batches so far and have just used dry yeast but haven't re-hydrated it like i probably should have but it never seemed to bother it. well the last batch i just brewed a day or so ago i did rehydrate it like it said to do on the packet. well it has been a day or so and i still haven't seen any bubbles in the air lock yet when i would usually start seeing them by now. my question i guess would be did i mess up the yeast? and if i did can i just go get some more yeast and put in? or did i completely mess up the whole batch?

I could be fermenting fine and the lid is leaking. It happens a lot. Push on the lid and see if it bubbles. Look down the air lock and see if you see the krausen. Does it small like wort or fermenting beer? Take a hydrometer sample. If it's still at OG sprinkle in another pack of yeast.

it smells like wort and i did check to make sure the lid was sealed and it was. and i found out by another member that i killed the yeast when i re-hydrated it. i heated it up to hot. thank you for the post.

Back