anyone living in Michigan....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labratbrew

Reaction score
Willing to go to great lakes hops... Buy their $10 crowns and ship them to me?! I'll pay for it'll all and gas money or whatever you'd like (rhizomes)??

The shipping would be very high, I would guess 20-25 LB each and in milk crate size containers.

Why not just order from their ebay or facebook store?

Edit: Just noticed you're from Oregon - do they block hop shipments into Oregon from other states? Seems like you should have no problem finding hop crowns in your neck of the woods.

Have you seen how big the hop plant is?

I do see they have the milk crates full of soil with a hop plant for $10, but they also sell similar hop crowns with all the soil stripped away for the same price that they can ship.
Unfortunately it looks like they cannot ship to WA or OR though. Not sure why you'd need to order from MI when you are in the hop mecca of USA, but I'm semi-inebriated, so I may be missing something.
West Michigan is full of great Dutch grower greenhouses though - I was born and raised there. I wish I knew about GLH when I bought my hops rhizomes last year, I'd have definitely got some from them.

Have you contacted the people at freshops.com ... their farm is in Oregon

BrewChem said:
Have you contacted the people at freshops.com ... their farm is in Oregon

Yeah... Freshhops is a nice place. But I believe all they have are rhizomes... Whereas glh has hop crowns

Have you seen how big the hop plant is?

Yes I picked up three tonight and they are big and heavy. He sells them at a giveaway price to get rid of them because he can't ship them. There are other nice crowns there that are "normal" sized pots and I would think he could ship. Get in touch with them, he is extremely helpful.

bigljd said:
I do see they have the milk crates full of soil with a hop plant for $10, but they also sell similar hop crowns with all the soil stripped away for the same price that they can ship.
Unfortunately it looks like they cannot ship to WA or OR though. Not sure why you'd need to order from MI when you are in the hop mecca of USA, but I'm semi-inebriated, so I may be missing something.
West Michigan is full of great Dutch grower greenhouses though - I was born and raised there. I wish I knew about GLH when I bought my hops rhizomes last year, I'd have definitely got some from them.

True. I am in hop mecca of the world... And I have bought 50 hop crowns (cascade, nugget, chinook,willamette, CTZ) from them and am planning on raising them to sell locally... I just saw there post on Facebook and couldnt resist!

Latest posts

Back