Johnson A419...possible to wire into Danby controls?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So after removing the 2 pins to put it into cooling mode, I've noticed that my A419 is great at cutting power when it gets below a certain temperature in my Danby. The thing is, the Danby has (from what I've observed) a 5-degree tolerance before the fridge itself kicks on, so the Johnson unit is, in all respects, not able to keep the fridge at a stable temperature. (And yes, I've set the A419 to a 2-degree+- tolerance at 42 degrees...still nada.)

To elaborate a little more, what I want to be able to do is hardwire the Johnson into the Danby thermostat, basically bypassing the Danby controls all together. Reason being is that the Danby tends to average a 3-5 degree warmer temp reading than the Johnson, and since I'll be using the Danby as a fermentation chamber when it doesn't have a keg inside, the temperature variations would cause some issues (especially if I do a lager).

I have the same one and it's set to +/- 2 and it kicks on as soon as the temp drops 2.

Latest posts

Back