No more pickup from williams!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewing Clamper

Reaction score
I was trying to place an order today and I just found out Williams Brewing no longer allows locals to pick up the orders to avoid shipping charges! This is a total bummer for me, I live less than 10 miles away! Kind of a deal breaker since they're stuff isn't the best prices. Anyway, I just felt like venting... I guess it's time to order from BBB.

Thats just plain stupid.

EDIT - Although... if they don't have much of a storefront presence or much walk-up activity it may make sense. If you're purely online they can control the staff hours with more flexibility. Don't need to deal with cash sales etc.

Yea, that's a bummer for you. I love the LHBS convenience.

the_bird said:
Do they not have a regular retail store? Are they just a warehouse operation?

No retail. The first time I learned about them, I went to their location and they told me they couldn't sell me anything, I had to order it online. Since then I've ordered a few things and picked them up but I guess those shipping free days are over... :(

It would seem that they might be making a small profit on the shipping charges or as mentioned, make their own hours. It would still seem reasonable to limit pickup times around the same time UPS would pick up.

I understand, I just don't have to like it. I don't think they ever took cash though, and their pick up hours were clear. I always just paid like a normal online transaction and just showed up at the warehouse with my printout and they would give me my goodies... on the bright side, I found what I was gonna get from them at BBB for cheaper...

Back