HomeBrew Blogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey that's a good idea man - like your brewing log, only online and with some pizazz. I need to get my html skills together & do somethin' along those lines.

I was actually just thinking of doing just this. I plan on using this as a reason to do some experimentation with PHP and MySQL. I'm thinking of documenting every brew that I do (not much yet as I've only brewed one batch- still in the primary) and list the pertinent info about it.

great idea though, nice blog.

I put it up last week and its pretty empty so far, but I hope to add as my brews get boiled and bottled and so forth. I'm still changing the design but i hope to have more stuff on it in the next few weeks. Find it here. :D

Also if anyone would like help starting one I can prolly set one up for you, we'll have to see how much interest there is though.

ian said:
I was actually just thinking of doing just this. I plan on using this as a reason to do some experimentation with PHP and MySQL. I'm thinking of documenting every brew that I do (not much yet as I've only brewed one batch- still in the primary) and list the pertinent info about it.

great idea though, nice blog.

check out this other thread.... http://homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=12341

I am going thinking of working on something like this. Love to have you join. I have plenty of experience iwith PHP and MySQL, and would be more than happy to work on something with you.

Looks good guys. And, not that I am trying to wrecklessly plug my own site, but I was thinking of adding in the ability for members at RecipeTavern to create and maintain blogs within the framework of the site.

I did ultimately get mine up and running. Its still an evolving thing though. Currently I have to go through the host's control panel to enter anything into the databse, I plan to write a batch entry and editing section . . .

see my sig to get to it.

ian said:
I did ultimately get mine up and running. Its still an evolving thing though. Currently I have to go through the host's control panel to enter anything into the databse, I plan to write a batch entry and editing section . . .

Ian's BLOG totally is bad-A**

I wish I knew how to write PHP:confused:

Mine is totally lame compared to his blog.

http://www.basementbrewer.blogspot.com/

glibbidy said:
Ian's BLOG totally is bad-A**

I wish I knew how to write PHP:confused:

Mine is totally lame compared to his blog.

http://www.basementbrewer.blogspot.com/
:eek: aww shucks
Thanks glib!

You're is pretty sweet too, much more comprehensive than mine. I was thinking of getting much more in depth with it! But, it may be motivated by money - I recently (last night) added the Google ads and now see that maybe there's green to made off this! :rockin:I've made $0.14 since last night! ;)

glibbidy said:
With a plug like that Ima gonna have to get off my duff, and start linking these beer blogs.

well, let me restate - there's green to be made off this if people click on the ads . . . ;);) ;)

GOD said:
What is the difference between a "Blog" and a "Website"?
soooo, not as omnicient as the name might suggest, huh? ;)

Ok, I'll give this a shot. I guess a website is a more general term where as "blog" is a specific type of website. The term comes from "web log" and is several years old. I believe that the first ones were typically short journal type entries formatted as a web page. But this quickly changed and now usually is a broader term for any site that a user can input their "article" into a form and submit the form data to a database. Typically, when the user hits this site it is dynamically written based on the info in the database.

That's kind of a "blog" in a nutshell - to other geek types out there, feel free to elaborate or add to this.

I'd say that's a good definition. When I think of Blog, I usually think of one person's individual expression.

Back