Ones Cascade Hop Plants

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izzie1701

Reaction score
Sorry can't edit to change the auto corrected subject. Stupid auto correct.

First year growing hops and first year plants. I have 5 one of which took off pretty good this year. 12' of growth. My question is did I leave the cones to long. They didn't have the yellow powder in them until after the started to yellow. I read somewhere cascade hops do go brown on the ends of the leaves. They went threw a few frosts but also read that cascade are fine with this. They didn't have the yellow powder till they started to turn color and they have a ton of yellow powder. I doubt I'll even have half an ounce once dried but still would like to try and use them. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1445823514.374638.jpg

Last edited:
Izzie, you must be way up in the GWN (Great White North)
I'd guess your growing season ended at least a month ago. When did you pick these and where are you located?

Edmonton Alberta. I picked them this week. Have had a few frosts but day time temps are still 70s. Just nights drop below freezing. Can't really cover hop plants. Think there useable?

Back