Garage Brewers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin18

Reaction score
We have an attached one car garage at our house that doubles as storage for yard equipment, Christmas decorations, gardening tools, and my brewing equipment. I recently sold off a weight bench that was taking up a lot of space and my goal for 2013 is to get the garage organized.

How do you all organize your brewing equipment? I have a small work bench that houses most of my equipment but a lot of it is spread around the garage.

I have a folding plastic table for the mash tun and brewing supplies. Only a keggle and some buckets to hold the wort while I sparge from the boil pot, then dump the pot and fill with wort. Some day I will have a better set-up but for now...it's what I have.

I have some metal shelves (the type that look like grating) that I bought at Home Depot or Lowes....put them up high on the walls to store all of my fermenting buckets and carboys and mash tun.

I store all of my other stuff in a couple plastic containers that set at end of my long workbench.

How do you all organize your brewing equipment?

I don't. But I'm horrible at organizing anything. So my brew equipment jsut hangs out on the garage floor, generally, wherever it has room.

But my goal for 2013 is to become more organized with everything. Spending money, organizing belongings (including brewing equipment), having an organized household cleaning schedule... etc. I already did pretty good cleaning my desk up at work after a nastygram from a couple of levels up in management. That'll get me to organize quite rapidly.

I already did pretty good cleaning my desk up at work after a nastygram from a couple of levels up in management. That'll get me to organize quite rapidly.

I got one of those once. I was productive, customers were happy, I didn't get it. So I stay late once in a while and charge 'em for the overtime.

I just put up some cabinets in our garage (why is it OUR garage and HER closet?) so I can keep all my brew stuff neatly in one spot. Even have room to chill 1 1/2 cases of beer in bottles.,

I just put up some cabinets in our garage (why is it OUR garage and HER closet?)
Ouch, that one landed on a nerve. I gotta put camping gear I use a couple times a month in the rafters, and she has 15 sqft of xmas crap on the floor piled 4 feet high that gets used 3 weeks a year.
Wouldn't matter much except I have my eye on that space for new brewstand under construction. Weighing the options of badass brewstand versus the prospect of training a new SWMBO.
Wish me luck:fro:

I brew in a pretty small laundry room. Most of my stuff fits on the brewstand, but I get one cabinet in there. My pH meter, brewing salts, themometer, etc, all fits in that one cabinet. My fermenters are in the basement, and my yeast and hops are in the kegerator in the house. I run back and forth often, but most of the stuff I need is right on the brewstand.

Costco has a storage shelf for $129ish that is worth its weight in heavy steel. And I mean heavy steel. Love it so much we bought a second (they attach together). I forget the brand. Holds thousands of pounds. We have everything on it and hanging from it.

Costco has a storage shelf for $129ish that is worth its weight in heavy steel. And I mean heavy steel. Love it so much we bought a second (they attach together). I forget the brand. Holds thousands of pounds. We have everything on it and hanging from it.

I saw this the other day. It is warehouse shelving. We use the same stuff at work to hold pallets of everything you can think of, including water and canned goods.

All my gear is pretty much piled on the brew cart. I keep the supplies and fermenters in my office upstairs.

DSCN0121.jpg

:ban:

I have a one car detached garage that I'm working on now. My game plan is to have all my brewing gear along one wall and all the other lawn and garden stuff along the opposite wall.

Today I picked up a few extra pieces of peg board and a piece of dry erase board to go above the counter top on the brewing side.

My stuff lives in a gutted armour (free-standing closet) without the doors. I have a single shelf on one side with my mash tun below it and the kettle(s), some hoses, and IC nested above. Grain and fermenters are kept on the other side. It works okay, but is located in the basement. I brew in the garage/ driveway using my truck's tailgate as an aid. Even moving all the equipment out to the garage would be great, but it's unheated. Kyle

I wish I would have thought of this before I got a little three drawer storage thing, but I bet a tackle box or multi-tiered toolbox would be a great way to store all those hose clamps, bungs, fittings, etc.

Back