Great Craigs List Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac

Thread Killer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking for more Carboy's for a start into wine making. Ended up hitting the keggers jackpot & the vintors jackpot all in one night.

Inventory between 2 purchases:
8 Cornelius Kegs w/ball lock doo-hickies
2 20lb CO2 tanks (1 with dual regulator, 1 without, both 1/2 full plus)
1 Chest freezer (will hold 3 kegs + tank, 5 with a collar)
1 Ranco temp controller
2 6.5 gal Glass Carboys
1 5.5 gal Glass Carboy
1 Funnel w/ Filter
1 Copper Wort Chiller (rinky dink will use for ice bath per-chiller)
Plastic 6 gallon bottling bucket w/ spigot
Plastic 6 gallon fermenting bucket
Hydrometer
2 sets of Airlocks and stoppers
Racking cane with hose
Bottle brush
Carboy brush
16 oz Iodophor sanitizer
Floating thermometer
2 picnic taps
50 swingtop bottles
Carboy/bottle jet washer
1 plastic 6 gallon primary fermenter,
1 glass 5 gallon carboy,
2 glass 3 gallon carboy,
2 glass 1 gallon carboy,
2 case (12) of green champagne bottoms,
2 case (12) of 750ml clear bottles,
2 cases (23) 375ml cobolt blue bottles,
2 case (11) 750ml cobolt blue bottles,
50 odd size/shape/color wine bottles
1 large funnel,
1 small funnel,
Several strainer bags,
1 racking tube,
2 bottle - carboy brushes,
1 long plastic spoons,
1 siphon hose with clamp,
1 bag of champagne stoppers,
Half bag of champagne wires,
¾ bag of bottle capsules - heat shrink around top of bottles,
1 half bag of corks,
Set of measuring cups,
Set of measuring spoons,
Floating thermometer,
Hydrometer,
Wine thief,
1 bag of light toasted oak chips,
1 oz of yeast energizer,
1 bottle of campden tablets,
1 bottle of potassium sorbate,
½ bottle sodium metabisulfite,
One bottle of tannin,
1 tube of ph strips,
8 oz of b-bright,
4 packs of Premier Curve Active dry wine yeast,
¾ bottle of Pectic Enzyme,
Grab bag of airlocks, stoppers, tubing & dry yeast
“The Joy of Home Winemaking”

Also just as add ons I got 1 more case of random wine bottles, 2 cases of random flip to bottles & 3 cases of grolsch bottles.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Both CO2 tanks are in perfect shape, the chest freezer could hold 5 kegs with a collar. I never asked the guy how big the tanks were, so I was suprised when they weren'r 5 pounders. I was even more suprised when they were mostly full.

This is an obcession. I now have 11 primaries to work with & 18 kegs. *Gloat*

Brewing tonight & into tommorow. Not gonna stop till I fill all the new stuff up with the beautiful nector. Planning a Midas touch Clone, a tripple, a blueberry wine, a sweet mead, and whatever othe rbeer suits my fancy when I get to it.

:ban::ban::ban::ban:

Happy Brewer, doot doot.

ogh yeah.. forgot that.

It was two diffrent buys, total for both scores was 500 smackaroos. I figure the Co2 tanks & the chest freezer are worth at least that much.

my apologies.

shceky, thanks. the first (the beer stuff) was from a frat guy who got married & new SWMBO said get rid of the stuff. I pormised him I'ddrop him some homebrew off when I was back in his town.

The second was from an older fellow who just decided it was time to hang up the wine making.

nurmey... naw, say it aint so!

shceky, thanks. the first (the beer stuff) was from a frat guy who got married & new SWMBO said get rid of the stuff. I pormised him I'ddrop him some homebrew off when I was back in his town.
You should refuse to give him homebrew just because he married such a woman. What kind of woman does that? And what kind of man gives in?:(

shecky, she wasn't there when we got there, but she arrived after work while we were there. This woman was EPIC. I mean EPIC. Long & tall & blonde. I would consider quitting brewing if she told me to.

They were both yankees tho, so she couldn't have been all that!

Naw, all kidding aside, pretty cool people. The brewing equipment was from a group of old frat guys & he wasn't the primary brewer, but as the others in the group moved away or quit brewing, he ended up with the equipment. They only brewed extracts, and the few we sampled, it wasn't anything more than you would have expected out of frat guys. This guy & his SWMBO were both school teachers, so they get a thumbs up from me.

Nurmey, I had been burning up craigslist for months in anticiptation of a good deal. Finally found it!!!!

shecky, she wasn't there when we got there, but she arrived after work while we were there. This woman was EPIC. I mean EPIC. Long & tall & blonde. I would consider quitting brewing if she told me to.
Hey, looks only last so long. Brewing is forever. I forget who said that.
Wait, it was me. Just now.:D

Vator, i search around every little bit. I found a 25cu Chest freezer back in the summer for 150. Surely with all those folks up there, somebody has something. I look at Roanoke, & Blacksburg Va, Boone, Asheville & Raleigh/Druam NC, and Tri-cities & Knowxville Tn craigs lists. I see all kinds of stuff that im interested in, just dont have the space!

EDIT: Vatorman, foud this on DC CL: Complete Homebrew (Beer) Setup
75 bucks for a large chest freezer, I'd buy this if I was gonna be in DC sonner than later...
Freezer chest

Latest posts

Back