perfect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheephrdr

Reaction score
in my last batch I wanted to create a signature ale, not sure if its british, german or american or I guess canadian but its awsome! Even after only 6 days in bottles (I couldnt resist trying one)
here is the recipe

L-Wood Signature Ale

7 lbs pale LME
1LB Wheat
.5 Crystal Caramel
2 oz chocolate malt
1.5oz Perle 60 mins
1 oz Kent goldings 30 mins
.5 oz perle 5 mins
.5 oz kent goldings 5 mins
.5 oz kent goldings dry hop secondary
1 irish moss tab

Coopers brewers yeast

1.060 og 1.013 fg

Exelent head retention, body, hop taste and bitterness. The wheat comes through nicely almost that german wiese taste mmmmmm
This will definately be a repeat recipe for me if the rest of the bottles taste as good as this one.

hey again, Brought a couple of these brews to a lil get together at my bro in laws, the bud/coors drinkers loved it! "I cant believe how much flavour, your beer has" all of a sudden all sorts of questions were being asked about how they can brew beer too hehe. gotta love it.

"2 oz. chocolate malt"

Sounds good!!! Almost a Weizenbock.
So, does it have the color of a Nut Brown Ale (maybe like a Newcastle)?
Any haze hrom the wheat?
Thought of trying it with WL either Irish or British Ale yeast?

Hopsnort

It gets better every day, there is a haze but only slight and it seems to be clearing with age. the color is almost orange, hard to describe. I would have used a different yeast but my local brew shop only carries coopers dry yeast but they get a special type, because it is definately different than what comes in the kits. The packet is double the size and ferments very well.

The head on this beer starts 1-2" and is 1/2" until the last sip.

Latest posts

Back