I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replacing a magnetron?

Edit: AND enjoying homebrew.

Hey, someone does read my posts here. I repaired my microwave by buying a used unit for parts (that's why there are two).

I liked the Microwave Brewery answer better than reality though. I might just rig up something on my next brewday and build the foundation for an elaborate April fools joke for next year.

Picture this: I rig up that microwave into my brewing system and take a quick video. I'll bypass the magneto, hide my plate chiller inside, and demonstrate the "microwave chiller". The video will appear to show water entering at boiling temps and exiting fully chilled.

Microwave Chilling. Many people are aware that water molecules resonate at 2.45 GHz. The microwave appliance heats water by emitting RF energy at this frequency, which then causes the water molecules to become excited and heat up. However, it's lesser known that there is an anti-resonant frequency at a sub-harmonic of 2.45 GHz, namely at 816.67 MHz. This anti-resonance results in a near-complete inhabition of molecular motion, locking each molecule in a constant position and consequently removing the kinetic energy of the molecule: the water instantly gets cold.

After re-tuning the appliance's magneto to this anti-resonant frequency (simple change of a crystal), the anti-resonant energy instantly chills the water passing through the chamber. Microwave chilling - no more ice!

I'll do it also. How much is a stamp nowadays?

I'll be finding out soon, I used up all my forever stamps mailing sourdough out, they don't get much use otherwise these days, LRB I know you have been dabbling in bread, if you want sourdough starter let me know.
PP, I dare you to submit the chiller, I just hope I remember.

But I doubt it would get there by 4/9 prior to 11am.

Good point. Still an influx of letters from HBT'rs couldn't hurt. I'm only a few hours south of Sacramento. I'll get a letter out tonight.

LRB, I believe you posted this topic on it's own thread? What if you printed out the thread and mailed that in too? Maybe I'm naive but wouldn't that also show support?

Good point. Still an influx of letters from HBT'rs couldn't hurt. I'm only a few hours south of Sacramento. I'll get a letter out tonight.

LRB, I believe you posted this topic on it's own thread? What if you printed out the thread and mailed that in too? Maybe I'm naive but wouldn't that also show support?

A good idea, but I prefer to keep all the feed back to our reps positive, as even the bad law had an original good (pro homebrew) propose. Its the ABC who is the bad guy here. I think that point was occasionally missed in the other thread. We actually got this new law proposed very fast, as laws go. The reps have been on our side.

Wow, that was pretty easy online. I couldn't submit the letter to Isadore Hall, since I'm not in his district. I did submit it to David Valadao, my local rep. Hope this helps LRB!

Hey, Dan good luck on your move:D Your tropical adventure begins soon. Embrace life,and wife. Trust in a creator who will ultimately give you what you need. Load up on Heirloom seeds most people have veg/fruit gardens to offset prices. Seeds are cheaper here then there almost double. A friend who is stationed there with his family built a 6 tier hydroponic garden, vines on top as they will hang down, tomatoes, greens, spices, in the ground below are carrots, onions and potatoes. whole set up is 10' x 6' uses a solar fountain pump. I start work very early and have been busy trying to adapt to my new job and being out of my comfort zone so I don't get much time to touch base on here much. I'm getting ready for work by the time you late nite west coasters are heading to bed. Remember that you have friends here if you need stuff shipped from the mainland. Once again Good Luck and let yourself enjoy the moment.

For Californians, to find your reps sites: http://www.legislature.ca.gov/legislators_and_districts/legislators/your_legislator.html

The Chair (and our ally):
Assemblyman Isadore Hall, III
Capitol Office:
State Capitol
P.O. Box 942849
Sacramento, CA 94249-0064
Tel: (916) 319-2064
Fax: (916) 319-2164

District Office:
2200 W. Artesia Blvd.
Suite 210
Compton, CA 90220
Tel: (310) 223-1201
Fax: (310) 223-1202

You need to live or work in his district to email him. Snail mail may be too late. Maybe fax? I think there are fax for free sites. I don't have one to recommend, has anyone used one?

Thanks for all the support. Sorry to duplicate this issue issue that has its own thread, but this thread gets more traffic, and I feel I know a lot of you personally. :mug:

I dont have a good email address.. It's all gov controlled crap. Wish I had his humble gmail, hotmail account. Don't though

Link to he web site. You can use zip code 93230, town hanford.. that will work.. Make up any address

Cheating I suppose but we gotta help out LRB and his noble cause.

http://valadao.house.gov/

This morning I stopped by Lowes, no reason to really but I was bored and had time to kill before work. Found myself in the plumbing aisle, always seem to find myself making a trip to that aisle.

I saw some 20' x 1/2"ID soft copper tubing and thought, hmm not a terrible price. Then I started justifying. - I'll really need a prechiller when I get to Hawaii, ground water is warm all year long. I'll end up buying copper in Hawaii and the price will surely be outrageous. Maybe I should just buy it now and save money in the long run. So I purchased it along with two, half inch compression fittings one with a 3/4" male and and other female. I'll leave the tubing in the box and put it together when I get settled.

Hey, Dan good luck on your move:D Your tropical adventure begins soon. Embrace life,and wife. Trust in a creator who will ultimately give you what you need. Load up on Heirloom seeds most people have veg/fruit gardens to offset prices. Seeds are cheaper here then there almost double. A friend who is stationed there with his family built a 6 tier hydroponic garden, vines on top as they will hang down, tomatoes, greens, spices, in the ground below are carrots, onions and potatoes. whole set up is 10' x 6' uses a solar fountain pump. I start work very early and have been busy trying to adapt to my new job and being out of my comfort zone so I don't get much time to touch base on here much. I'm getting ready for work by the time you late nite west coasters are heading to bed. Remember that you have friends here if you need stuff shipped from the mainland. Once again Good Luck and let yourself enjoy the moment.

Hey Beaks! Sorry I missed you last night. Thanks for the encouraging advice!

My nephew, wifes nephew started a hydroponic garden a few years back. He is also into aquariums, very large outdoor aquariums. He was showing me his set-up last time I visited and I believe he uses water from one of his fish tanks and recirculates it through the garden. He says this feeds his plants and filters the water. Maybe I'll be able to talk him into some hop vines. He has the room, my tiny little yard not so much.

I'm home sick today, and can't sleep any more. So, I decided to paint. Here's painting 5.

005 Deep Cave Light.jpg

I'm home sick today, and can't sleep any more. So, I decided to paint. Here's painting 5.

My first post disappeared somehow???

My immediate impression was Star Trek so I love it!

I did one painting in my life so far... back in high school. I was actually offered $100 for it by some anonymous woman. It has been hanging in the same spot in my parents house for over 20 years. I'm glad I didn't sell it. It's probably worth $50 by now;)

Hope you're feeling a bit better LG. Please post all your paintings here. I think youre getting darn good at them!

Question? The online brewing chemistry class. I wrote a post about how I was going to overcome some access difficulties and take the class. I didn't, and to be honest, at the time I don't know if I would have even if the access issues were not a problem.

I think some folks here did sign up. If you did, what do you think? Was it worth it? Will it make you a better brewer? I wouldn't mind taking the class at a later date when my computer is more copasetic to the website and, if in the general opinion of HBTr's who took the class say it is a valuable tool worth completing.

I liked your post. But to clarify, I like the painting, I don't like that you're home ill. Get well.

my like was for the same reason, get better soon. The paintings are impressive, going to keep my eye on Leadgolem's work. At least I can say I know him.

I need an easy quick means of rotating a video. Not this one: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZShVsRM_-c"]Martian Boogey[/ame]

I tried - wrong format and too big of a file.....

Back