MLIA Label Repository

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

modernlifeisANDY

Reaction score
I figured this would be better than making dozens of new topics.

Here is the newest:

onapalehorseapa.jpg

On your Hefeweisen label are you trying to say, "There is a rampaging cheese in my pants."

Then you need to say, "Es gibt einen randalierenden Käse in meiner Hose," or "Ich habe randalierend Käse in meiner Hose."

What you have is, "Over yonder a roit cheese in of mine pants."

If it matters.

Haha, thanks. I have a buddy that "sort of" speaks German, but what I have is fine by me. The worse the German, the better for me :)

LOL

I got I kick out of it.

I'm a natvie speaker and knew what you meant, so that must be good enough

Great lables by the way.

I hope you feel like reproduction is a form of flattery. I have been inspired by your label to make my newest beer label. I could think of anything, then the shark thing hit me... totally random just like my beer and perfect for something I was uninspired to name and label. Mine will be called "Shark! Ninja! A beer as confusing as the label".

Cheers!

Speaking of reproduction as a form of flattery - this is the label for my pumpkin beer. The recipe is unchanged (well, mostly) from Reno's Punkin' Ale, but I wanted a different name and this is what I ended up with. Reno, thanks for the recipe, looking forward to brewing this weekend!

thepumpkinator.jpg

Well done, entertaining labels, but I like my German weissbier mit hefe! I try to get every last bit of that Bavarian yeast out that I can.

Haha yeah, I kinda realized that afterward. I'm so into the habit of adding a bit about yeast that I forgot that one was a hefe!

Also, big fan of the bear/shark/tommy gun combo on the white ale label.

That Badass President label may be one of manliest things I've ever seen. I don't often make labels, but next time I do, I may steal that. Just to let you know...

These are great. The artwork is amazing, and the text is beyond funny. Like WOOT.com or J Petermin catalogs. Well done!!!!

Byo magazing has an annual lable contest,, you DEFINITELY must enter if you haven't already.

These are best labels I have seen in a long time, both homebrew and professional!

:mug:

Wow, thanks Revvy! I just have fun making labels - I don't claim to have any artistic skills but I think I'm alright with Ye Olde Photoshoppe. Glad some others can get enjoyment out of them, too!

What do you use to print your labels? I am new to brewing, but once I get good I'd love to be able to create my own labels and yours are incredible. Very funny!

I print mine directly from Photoshop onto these 3 1/4 x 4 inch Avery removable labels. I print borderless so the color stays, and I print neck labels onto regular address labels. Thanks for the comments!

Hey great label's! Powder House in Somerville eh? I live on powderhouse as well and was thinking of getting into the hobby - would you mind if i shot you a pm and asked some questions? thanks

I really love your labels! They look amazing, and are inspiring, funny and artistically great! I especially love "Badass president", "Andes Chocolate Mint Stout" (not every day you see a beer with "ancient ruins" on the ingredient list, lol!), "Catbird", "Anonymous IPA", the hefeweisen (so beautiful!), and the all amarillo ipa. I've been toying with labels all night, so this thread was great fun :)

Fantastic talent! Do you use a tablet as well? How long have you been photoshopping?

I do everything by hand with my mouse or pixel by pixel using the keyboard. I've been using Photoshop off and on for probably five years or so, but I have just self-taught myself what I need to know. I'm certainly not that artistic -I'm more into the design aspect than the actual creation of "art." I'm sure none of these labels would fly commercially since so many of them are using images ripped from Google search. But, it's fun, and like all things home-brew it's for my own use. Thanks for the comment!

Back