KAB5 Burner Regulator is leaking, what are my options?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atl300zx

Reaction score
My KAB5 Burner Regulator is leaking, what are my options?

The SS hose portion is still ok, its leaking from the fixed regulator portion.

What option do I have here?

Replace the entire regulator setup (hose, needle valve, regulator, etc)?
Somehow source just a regulator?
Home Depot design?

TIA!

It sounds like the regulator valve is leaking through and the pressure relief feature has kicked in and you are noticing the propane coming out the vent hole. You might be able to dislodge the debris in the valve mechanisim by turning the regulator inlet down and rapping it on the side with a piece of wood, and hopefully the obstruction will fall out. If that fails the toss the regulator and save the other parts for use with a new regulator. A suggestion on the reassembly is not to use teflon tape as it can escape and cause the problem you are having, use permatex #2 instead, sparingly so there is no excess left on the inside of the connections when tightened. When you get the permatex on your fingers or clothing use rubbing alcohol to remove it.

thank guys, ill give that a shot, otherwise ill just have ot bite the bullet and order a new one.

Back