Imperial IPA label?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOHN51277

Reaction score
Whatcha think?

SquirrelKillaIPA.jpg

Looks good but I think I'd like to see larger text and "Squirrel Killa Imperial IPA" repositioned. Maybe a little bit down and to the right???

I agree with filling up the dead space.

By the way, what did you use to make that label? The text has never been sharp on the ones I've made with Photoshop.

I agree with filling up the dead space.

By the way, what did you use to make that label? The text has never been sharp on the ones I've made with Photoshop.

<ThreadJack>
Make sure you up the resolution of your image to something like 300. I encountered the same text sharpness issue as you with Photoshop, then my guru of a wife pointed out that my image resolution was only 72ish. I upped it to 300 and all is good now.
</ThreadJack>

Always use 300dpi resolution when printing. Most programs will default at 72dpi, which is suitable for view on computer screens, but will result in pixelated images on paper.

As for the label, I agree on re-positioning/sizing the text. Remember, with the curve of the bottle you're really only going to see 3 square inches or so at a time, so plan accordingly.

Back