Ever ferment weird things just because they're around?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinDuluth

Reaction score
After a long few days of camping, my wife and I happened to get left with a box of Capri-sun juice boxes and a can of frozen pina colada mix (both of which we'll never use). I was racking my cider a few days ago and just when I was about to rinse all of the spent yeast out of the carboy... a thought popped in my head. I'll let you know how my capri-sun/pina-colada/white labs english cider yeast creation turns out:D

12 juice box pouches and one standard-size can of concentrate. It's a little under a gallon total. There's plenty of yeast in there so who knows? If it turns out good (or at least drinkable), I was planning on playing off of moon-shine and just calling it sunshine:ban:

Fermentation is definately underway. It actually looks kind of funny seeing a mini krausen foam head in a one-gallon jug of capri-sun:cross:

I have a strawberry rhubarb concoction going right now. Kind of a knock off of a hard lemonade. I had no other yeast in the house so I used bread yeast. Definitly fermenting, and smells pretty good. I plan on bottling and carbonating as soon as it stops bubbling in the air lock. Have to see how it tastes. I plan to sweeten with splenda before i bottle.

The best part is it cost me nothing. Had plenty of berries and rhubarb at the house.

if it flops, i can always give it to my 23 yr old brother in law. he'll drink anything that will get him drunk :)

I'm still scared to make my "Aztec Beer", though I've got all the ingredients.

Dark Agave + Corn + 2-row + Cocoa Nibs + Ceylon Cinnamon = ? :eek:

I'm still scared to make my "Aztec Beer", though I've got all the ingredients.

Dark Agave + Corn + 2-row + Cocoa Nibs + Ceylon Cinnamon = ? :eek:

Wait, that's not the one where you get a group of people together, and you each cew the ingredients and spit the masticated stuff into a container, and let the mouth bugs ferment it, is it?;)

Wait, that's not the one where you get a group of people together, and you each chew the ingredients and spit the masticated stuff into a container, and let the mouth bugs ferment it, is it?;)

I don't want to be that authentic. :eek:

...probably Windsor or S-04. I want it to have a bit of sweetness when it's done. :)

Back