What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solid

image-2728369079.jpg

tyzippers said:
Definitely killed my bottle of Makers.

This is rather disappointing. It's been there to keep me company through all the hard times! So many good memories we've had together!

Yikes! ;)

Yeah, I think those two will be hard to find and I might not have the ammo. I think something like 150 and 250 cases.

Well I'll keep a look out for them and snag whatever I can manage to get ahold of. The owner of my local little shop is kind of iffy on his Anchorage stock and those two are gonna be real hard to find as is with that few cases shipping out

Still on the water to hydrate. But gonna have this for the first time after it chills down, and if I figure out what the bloody ell to eat all up in this place.

fs dba.jpg

OK serious question. A friend says he can get Goose Island Bourbon County. Lots of it. $25 per 4 pack, $135 per case and $38 growler fills. Question is, what and how much do I buy from him? HELP!!!

Yes, I agree it's overpriced but, when you consider how unavailable it is and how when you do find it there's a buying limit, I'm ok with the price. Says there's no "quantity limit" an I can buy a single bottle or case of it. Or get a growler filled since they also have it on draft.

jak1010 said:
Yes, I agree it's overpriced but, when you consider how unavailable it is and how when you do find it there's a buying limit, I'm ok with the price. Says there's no "quantity limit" an I can buy a single bottle or case of it. Or get a growler filled since they also have it on draft.

Personally I wouldn't get a growler. You lose the option/ability to age it. It's a great beer but I'd rather spread it out over time. Does he have all the variants? Or just the regular?

My Belgium IPA, it's getting really good the keg must be getting ready to kick.
Just got in from the garage making sure the snowblowers will start, might get the first snow worthy, I smell like gas and need a shower but had to catch up here first:p

ChefRex said:
My Belgium IPA, it's getting really good the keg must be getting ready to kick.
Just got in from the garage making sure the snowblowers will start, might get the first snow worthy, I smell like gas and need a shower but had to catch up here first:p

That's a sexy cologne!

Leubega said:
Well I'll keep a look out for them and snag whatever I can manage to get ahold of. The owner of my local little shop is kind of iffy on his Anchorage stock and those two are gonna be real hard to find as is with that few cases shipping out
Which two?

After not brewing for a months, my pipeline almost went dry. About a case of drinkable beer (that I'm not aging long term) left. So I made my first bottle shop run in a while. Mostly old favorites.

Starting with one of the few I hadn't had yet (always passed it up due to green glass). St. Peter's Organic English Ale. Took my shots. Only barely skunked, and very enjoyable.

20131213_164143.jpg

20131213_192345.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
I gotta say I'm surprised by your case selection...........I hope everyone's sarcasm meter is on.........

On and fully functioning. ;)

Christmas shopping with Mrs. Whut so I'm late, as usual, in getting my drink on. But, kicked things off with a Chocolate Cherry Stout by WildGingerBrewing and is very nice. However, I couldn't detect the cherries but that is probably because of the spicy mexican food we had for dinner.

image.jpg

trade!?!?!?

Hahaah I can't actually spell his name and was on my iPhone.

I would if I wasnt so backed up on trades! I probably cant do anymore for the next few months, this case is to save tho so I will have these then still. I figured I needed to stock up before it starts to disappear and im too late. I would be very disappointed if I couldnt have one or two in august for my bday :D

I thought no autocorrect was on Saturdays? :D

I was actually going to take a poll about that. What was the level of entertainment value everyone got from that night? Any takers on doing it again or even making it a weekly or monthly tradition?

Had my third pour of Vegemite Sandwich with dinner and now having the last one from the growler.

Hello said:
trade!?!?!? Hahaah I can't actually spell his name and was on my iPhone.

Just win the losers bracket and maybe he'll send you some.

Out to a holiday party where I have little faith in the beer potential.

Back