Moar brewcasting today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oaked porter:

Ingredients for Mashing Amount Item Type % or IBU
10.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 83.33 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 90L (90.0 SRM) Grain 8.33 %
0.75 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 6.25 %
0.25 lb Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 2.08 %

Single Infusion, Full Body, Batch Sparge Step Time Name Description Step Temp
45 min Mash In Add 18.00 qt of water at 170.9 F 158.0 F

Drain Mash Tun
Batch Sparge Round 1: Sparge with 4.22 gal of 168.0 F water

Boil Wort

Add water to achieve boil volume of 7.03 gal

Estimated pre-boil gravity is 1.047

Boil Ingredients Boil Amount Item Type
50 min 1.00 oz Brewer's Gold [8.00 %] (50 min) Hops
15 min 0.50 oz Williamette [5.50 %] (15 min) Hops
5 min 0.50 oz Williamette [5.50 %] (5 min) Hops

It's going on 3oz of oak chips in the secondary. Or primary if I'm lazy ;)

-Joe

Sounds tasty!

Man, every time I see other brew setups and locations I get jealous. Brewing on the back patio and then having to haul things back and forth to the kitchen and finally out to the front of the house to clean is getting old. I need a bigger place...stupid housing market!!!

I actually just moved into this house last month - this is my second brewday. In my old house I was brewing in the detached garage, so I'd have to keep running back and forth across the (usually muddy) yard for things I forgot.

This is much nicer :) My plan eventually is to move indoors completely and have an electric brewery in the laundry room.

-Joe

In my old house I was brewing in the detached garage, so I'd have to keep running back and forth across the (usually muddy) yard for things I forgot.

I'm in a townhouse, but all my brew gear is upstairs in my pseudo man cave, if that's what you can call it. So, I'm back and forth between there and the patio as I realize I left things upstairs. I have to pack it all up when I'm done and haul it back up and take the burner out to the detached garage here and haul the kettle and such out front to clean. Sounds like a better setup where you're at. Enjoy the rest of the brewday!

Do I hear bagpipes on your video??!?!? :confused:

EDIT: Ah, Man Skirt Brewing now it makes sense!

Yeah, we went from Metallica to Avenged Sevenfold to Scottish Pipes and Drums, and we're now listening to Flogging Molly.

-Joe

Back