put a cork in it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aksea102

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am beginning to have quite a collection of Belgian bottles, and needless to say, a huge affinity for Belgian beer! I'd really like to use them for bottling an oatmeal stout that I have in my fermentation chamber but clearly I need larger caps...or corks. I have done a little research and found that Williams Brewing sells a larger "bell" for my current bottle capper, allowing me to cap the bottles (with larger caps). This is an option I am considering. However, I'd really prefer to cork the bottles, perhaps use a wire hood and some foil and pass them out as gifts. Would someone be so kind as to recommend a good corker for this job? I read a review on one (I forget which) and it clearly stated that that specific corker did not cork Belgian bottles all that well.
In addition, are there any tricks or tips one could pass on with regards to corking beer bottles?
Thanks so much!

Talk to your LHBS. Mine rents a floor corker out that works great. Not sure what the brand is though. As far as corking, make sure you soak them well and they slide right in. There was atually a big article in BYO either last issue or the one before about corking belgians.

Back