Wha choo thankful for?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Karr

Reaction score
One of the things on my list is definitely the friends I've made here on HBT. I'm glad for the knowledge you all share, and my beer has seriously improved!

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all y'all!

I am thankful that we didn't completely wipe the Native Americans off the face of the planet. I am thankful for beer. I am thankful for duct tape for it is truely the material that binds the universe together.

SWMBO and the kids.
Mom and the fam!
our house and farm
the cows and the crops.
the money we do have, and the money we've spent.
the money we'll make and the money we've lend.
I take noting for granted! I truly Cherish every moment of every day...even the ones that suck!

SWMBO and the kids.
Mom and the fam!
our house and farm
the cows and the crops.
the money we do have, and the money we've spent.
the money we'll make and the money we've lend.
I take noting for granted! I truly Cherish every moment of every day...even the ones that suck!
Amen. I'm thankful for simply waking up in the morning. Everything from there is gravy.

Specifics: my awesome wife, two unbelievable daughters and the health of all of us. That's really all that matters.

Amen. I'm thankful for simply waking up in the morning. Everything from there is gravy.

Specifics: my awesome wife, two unbelievable daughters and the health of all of us. That's really all that matters.

Insert two sons instead of the daughters and you just said what I'm grateful for.

Happy turkey day to all my American cousins :mug:

Hmmmm......

This year SWMBO asked for a separation, and most likely will ask for a divorce.
Things are slowing down at work, so I will prolly be looking at my fourth layoff of the year in a couple weeks, and I don't have any savings to speak of.

I'm not thankful for a whole helluva lot this year- it blowed.

Sorry for being a downer, but I'm gonna be extra grouchy this holiday season.

Sorry for being a downer, but I'm gonna be extra grouchy this holiday season.

It's ok.
I'm thankful that you are here, and glad that we can be here for you to be grouchy to! I'm sorry about you and SWMBO, but shoot....One need only look to Jester369 to see how well the next one can turn out.....everything happens for a reason.
Anyway, PM me, I'll send you a beer! That'll cheer you up!

Thanksgiving is like any other day to me. Every day I wake up and I'm thankful to be alive so I can say what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for my health and the health of my wife, children, and parents.

I'm thankful for the work I do, the people I do it with, the difference we make in the world, and the compensation I receive for doing it.

I'm thankful for everything - the good and the bad - that has made me the man I am today.

I'm thankful for the loved ones who cannot be with us today. The positive mark they left on our lives cannot be erased.

There's just too much to be thankful for, really, and my heart truly goes out to everyone who does not have as much to be thankful for as I do.

"I am thankful for the Atlantic ocean. For, without it, thousands of Portugeeze would be walking into our country everyday." - Steve Martin, way back when.

Seems kind of irrelevant, now that I think about it.

Thankful that after several years of frugality, a divorce, the death of a child and multiple career changes.. I AM STILL HERE.

I am still here.

Back