What happend!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerninja

Reaction score
so i had my 1st brew.... and it tasted like tangy fruit....it was supposed to be a brown ale. i dont think it had to do with sanitery problems becouse i was very very anel rentive about cleaning everything with bleach and water. it fermented for about 14 days. any tips?

BEERNINJA!

Do you know about what temperature you fermented it at? Does it have a smell somewhat like bananas?
I'm no expert by far, and I'm sure the real ones will chime in, but I'd guess your fermentation temps were too high.

There are a few other possibilities, but without more info (recipe ingredients including type of yeast) it may be tough to zero in on the cause.

Need more info. Hard to tell if the tangy fuity (citrus) is a normal flavor if we don't know what your recipe is. Whatever the recipe, all of the falvors will mellow with time so don't let an early taste cloud your judgement.

Tangy fruit could be a combo of a fruity yeast and tangy fruity hops. If you used cascade, chinook, warrior, simcoe, amarillo, sorachi ace, colombus, summit or a few others I can't think of right off the bat it most likely will be fruity(citrus).

Back