• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Santa Rosa CL find

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this guy's been posting this ad for months. Too bad I don't keg!

Myself and a couple of homebrewing buddies from down here in the Los Angeles area tried to buy some kegs from him when one of us was in Santa Rosa and never got the deal worked out. Called, set-up a time to meet and he said no problem, call back at this time, called and no answer. Left messages and he never returned our calls, even had a local guy try for us another time and the same thing happened to him. Had planned to buy a bunch of kegs from him too!

I too had this flake on me when I was up in the Bay Area. too bad, wanted to buy 20 ball locks

I too had this flake on me when I was up in the Bay Area. too bad, wanted to buy 20 ball locks

Sounds like if the guy is in a good mood, happens to be at his shop and isn't too busy reading the newspaper or something he MIGHT actually sell kegs once in awhile...

Yeah, I've seen that ad since I first started keg hunting.

For $4.95 more you can get a dirty one (all of his are dirty he said) from MoreBeer.

He flaked on me. I was in the area anyway so it wasn't a big deal but it shure could have been if I made a special trip.

I actually got 5 kegs from this dude for $100. Little dings and dents, but all came pressurized. My dad lives up there and picked them up for me...

He told me to send any friends his way! I guess not such a good idea.:confused:

It's a great deal if you can catch the guy at the right time, in the right mood, etc. Just warn your friends about that... I understand the guy can get busy but if you tell someone they can come at a specific time you should make sure you are available at that time or at least notify the person.

I snagged five for $100 from him as well, a couple months ago. Just got around to tearing them down and cleaning them up this past weekend. One had a crossthreaded post, and not a one of them had poppets the same size.

So ended up being $25 each, and as someone else said, can pay an extra $5 a pop more and get them shipped to your door from morebeer.

Back