I'm hooked!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneman

Reaction score
I just wanted to express my appreciation to everyone here.

I just got started doing Partial Grain with Extract brewing 2 and a half months ago, now I have a keg on tap (Ralph Wiggum Raspberry Wheat, a keg carbing (Chief Wiggum Wheat), An Ale in the Primary (Ned Flanders Nut Brown), and a Hard Lemonade in Primary (Karl & Lenny Hard Lemonade).

I have 7 Hop Bines Planted in the backyard (Cascade, Centenial,Fuggle, Golding, Mt. Hood, Nugget, and Sterling).

My Keezer is functional but it's not finished (Open the lid and Cobra Tap Dispense)

You guys are the greatest - Thank You!:ban::ban::ban:

I just wanted to express my appreciation to everyone here.

I just got started doing Partial Grain with Extract brewing 2 and a half months ago, now I have a keg on tap (Ralph Wiggum Raspberry Wheat, a keg carbing (Chief Wiggum Wheat), An Ale in the Primary (Ned Flanders Nut Brown), and a Hard Lemonade in Primary (Karl & Lenny Hard Lemonade).

I have 7 Hop Bines Planted in the backyard (Cascade, Centenial,Fuggle, Golding, Mt. Hood, Nugget, and Sterling).

My Keezer is functional but it's not finished (Open the lid and Cobra Tap Dispense)

You guys are the greatest - Thank You!:ban::ban::ban:

I like your beer names! Do you have anything planned for Rev. Lovejoy? I live on the street he was named for.

Picobrew, Possibly Lovejoy Lager - I haven't gotten that far yet. :)

I just know I have plenty of names to choose from.

Apparently Matt Groening based a lot of Springfield on Portland. It must be a helluva town!

Picobrew, Possibly Lovejoy Lager - I haven't gotten that far yet. :)

I just know I have plenty of names to choose from.

Apparently Matt Groening based a lot of Springfield on Portland. It must be a helluva town!

Yes or maybe an Abbey ale or something monkish. Yes Matt Groening went to high school here. I didn't know about the naming connection until pretty recently, even though I've watched every episode and visited these streets throughout my life. Didn't put 2 and 2 together. Anyway, welcome! I have learned so much from this forum that it makes me wonder what the hell people did before the internet. Sure they made beer but it was too damn traditional and singularly minded.

The speed that techniques and strategies can evolve is incredible. Nothing like being in your garage and googling "yooper anchor steam" on your phone cuz you can't remember how much crystal malt to grind and getting the answer in 5 seconds. This forum has taken me from total noob to level 3 noob doing all grain in just a few months.

Next up for me is a stir plate build and trying to control the temps I'm sweating to death down here. :tank:

WOW, your off running. I agree this site rocks. If not for HomeBrewTalk.com my beers would never be as good!

You crazy!!!

Love it! And welcome to the asylum. I can tell from your post that enthusiasm is not something you lack.

When you brew Sideshow Bob Imperial Stout, let me know.

You got all that in 2.5 months?

I thought I was impulsive.. LOL

Congrats.

If you don't make a Terwilliger Trippel, you'll disappoint me.

Here are some other suggestions:

Krusty Kolsch
Sideshow Bob Belgian Wit
Itchy IPA
Scratchy Saison
Barney's Beer-A-Rama

And one I'm reserving to myself:

Jeff Albertson's Worst Beer Ever.

Khiddy, You must be a very devout fan!
I bet less than one in a hundred know that Comic Book Guy's Secret Identity is Jeff Albertson.

Big Willie Brewing Co.
town_williekilt.gif

Everyone want's a Big Willie!

It's a family favorite. I tend to wear my Homer slippers around the house, and "Annoyed Grunt" is my favorite sound of disappointment.

How about an Agnes Skinner Sour Ale? Or a Patty and Selma Smoked Porter?

I think i wouldn´t like to taste a "Patty & Selma Stout",

Thinking it twice... yes, i would try it, in the end it´s beer.

+1

Without a lot of the DIY's on this forum I'd be in the dark on how to begin doing all-grain without spending $3000 on a brew sculpture.

Back