MMMM clams...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjp36

Reaction score
I've made this a couple time now and it seems to be a hit with everyone thats had it. I highly recommend it if you a fan of mussels or clams. I'm making it again tonight. I'll try to remember to get a picture.

Ingredients:
Clams or mussels
Shallots
Butter
3-4 strips of bacon
1 tbls each oregano, sage, parsley
2 bay leaves
1 bottle Duchesse De Bourgogne

Saute bacon until crisp. Remove from pan. Add 2 tbls of butter, shallots, all the herbs and the bay leaves. Saute until shallots are soft. Add clams and duchesse. Simmer until all clams are open. Serve in a bowl w/ some bacon sprinkled on top with a side garlic bread to soak up the sauce.

something about the funk from the duchesse with the brininess of the clams and the richness of the butter makes the most incredible sauce ever. The bacon is just there because everything tastes better with bacon :D

Dogammit, that sounds good!

I've never attempted clams at home but this I might have to try.

gotta luv da bacon

that's why i buy the magnum bottle. Half to cook with, half to drink.

They say you should only cook with wine you would drink by itself. I think the same applies for beer. If you love clams you have to try this.

Dug my first batch of steamers the other day (Thursday) . soaked em in cornmeal till this afternoon. The G.F.picked up a couple lobsters . steamed em all up ,served with about 1/2 pound of butter and a couple honey blonde ales.
Simple ,easy and tasty.

I'll have to wait until the next Cali earthquake and AZ gets some beach front property before tasting fresh clams again.:D Oh well, I guess I will just reread this thread and have a beer.

You know, The Fish Market might serve something like this, if not, they might actually try the recipe if you ask them. I always got great food & great service when I went there. The Fish Market Seafood Restaurants This ain't a commercial, just sharing info. Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back