Gingerbread Stout Cake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Direct to you from Bundt Naked Baking Co. a division of Naked City Brewing, LLC :D

This has to be the best gingerbread I've ever had. I'ts very moist and flavorful. For this recipe I use Widmer Snow Plow when available or Deschutes Obsidian Stout.

Gingerbread Stout Cake

Butter and Flour for the baking pan
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 cup molasses
3/4 cup stout, flat at room temperature
confectioner's sugar for garnish

Preheat oven to 350° F

Butter and flour well a bundt cake pan. Sift together all dry ingredients.
Using a hand held mixer set at high, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light in texture, about 1 minute. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the molasses (the batter may look curdled at this stage - don't worry). Lower the mixer speed to medium. Beat in the flour mixture, one third at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl often. Beat in the stout.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top. bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes, then unmold onto a rack. Eat warm or cool completely. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.

Ingredients
Bundt 003.jpg
Ready for the oven
Bundt 008.jpg
Out of the oven
Bundt 009.jpg
Mmmmmmm
Bundt 011.jpg
Ready to eat!
Bundt 014.jpg

Wow Orfy, that looks and sounds great. I didn't even see your recipe. I'm going to bake yours as well and do a comparison.
:mug:

Back