Cranberry Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brackbrew

Reaction score
Been a while since I posted, glad to be back...

So I'm thinking of doing a winter brew using cranberries (I know, it's a little late to be thinking cranberries, but a couple of my friends have convinced me), and I thought of using a cranberry relish recipe my mom makes for the secondary fermenter/aging side of things. All she does is food process one bag of whole cranberries, one orange, peel and everything, and apple. I think I'd need maybe a triple batch to rack the beer onto.

Can anybody give me any advice or have an opinion on this? Also, what hops and yeast combo would be a good idea?

Thanks so much. Happy Holidays to all.

I brewed a cranberry ale recently. I'd recommend using cranberry juice, it's a big mess working with cranberries. It was very, very dry and tart (I tried for something with high residual gravity but it still came out very low FG). I don't think you'll need to worry too much about yeast with this one, something neutral should work fine.

Hmmmm, don't think that I'd much like cranberries in beer (too strong of a tart taste) but my cranberry/grape wine is wonderful wonderful stuff :)

Back