Anyone run two keezers at different temperatures?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NineMilBill

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone ran a multi-tap keezer and had a second kegerator, say specifically for stouts, that you had set warmer than your keezer. It would take a little bit more change to make it happen, but wouldn't that be ideal?

I haven't got into kegging yet, but want to. Are there any downsides to this I might be missing?

I tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything. If it's been discussed in depth, please link!

Sounds ideal to me. Plus a 3rd for temperature control fermentation if I could. I think the main downside would be 1) $ 2) space 3) power (don't run them all on the same circuit breaker?)

#1 is my main issue, followed by #2 since I'm in an apartment.

You'd probably have a separate gas setup for the stout area too, unless you were running lines from a central tank since you'd need to consider whether or not you're using nitrogen.

There's nothing wrong with a slow buildup either. Currently I have one minifridge filled with bottles, sometimes I'll use it for a temperature controlled 1 gallon batch.. it's tiny. My food fridge/freezer (with beer and where I sometimes cold crash a 7 gallon bucket fermenter) and my 4 corny keg keezer. Not quite the same, but you know... It's just beer creep.

Just wondering if anyone ran a multi-tap keezer and had a second kegerator, say specifically for stouts, that you had set warmer than your keezer. It would take a little bit more change to make it happen, but wouldn't that be ideal?

I haven't got into kegging yet, but want to. Are there any downsides to this I might be missing?

I tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything. If it's been discussed in depth, please link!

I built a single keezer with dual temperature capability using 2 freezers. I do not run beer lines to both sides, but it wouldn't be hard to modify it to do that.

Since mine was in a freestanding structure I built in my backyard, my goal was to have a keezer with a freezer. Wanted a place for Ice for mixed drinks, maybe frozen snack foods, etc.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-version-keezer-219768/

I really need to get busy and update the build thread.

The keezer on the left is ales/lagers. The kegger on the right is stouts and dark beers. Eventually the 'stout' kegger will have nitro. At least thats the plan.

Kegerators.jpg

The keezer on the left is ales/lagers. The kegger on the right is stouts and dark beers. Eventually the 'stout' kegger will have nitro. At least thats the plan.

That's exactly what I had in mind. And the nitro would be icing on the cake. Awesome set-up.

I had the Kenmore kegger for years before I started brewing my own. The hobby quickly out paced the poor thing so, the keezer was the next obvious creation.

Latest posts

Back