Melbourn Bros. Strawberry recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben the brewman

Reaction score
this is the best strawberry beer that my wife has ever had and i would like to try to make some but i have no idea where to start except with lambic yeast, strawberrys and some old hops. has anybody on here made this or any thing close. here is a disctiption of the brew so you can look at it and see what you can come up with. Melbourn Bros. Strawberry Commercial Description: Melbourn Bros. fruit beers are spontaneously fermented. Melbourne Bros Strawberry beer with strawberry juice added is brewed with malted barley, wheat, hops, yeast, water and fresh strawberries. Made in Stamford, one of Great Britain's most beautiful & historic market towns. The beers are subtle with a refined flavor and character. The malt and strawberry are beautifully balanced, making this beer a perfect beverage for barbecues and patio dining. The clean, fresh flavor of ripe strawberries shines through. It is delicious after a meal with fruit, cheese, or dessert. your thoughts are greatly apericated.

They are spontaneously fermented, so to get that true taste you might have to somehow propagate the yeast out of the bottle. Spontaneous fermentation could mean they use the natural yeast on the berries or leave the vats open and take the yeast out of the air. If it is the yeast out of the air, the only way to get it is to take it out of their bottles or steal the air from the town it is made.

Back