Brewfest May 11th Mt Hope Manheim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerloaf

Reaction score
As title says, Brewfest still open and tickets available. 2 sessions, 11-3 and 4-8pm. Sat May 11th. I entered 3 brews into their homebrew competition. I know a lot of local brewers who attend regularly. Very good time, all you can eat and drink for $40 if you get the tickets online and you get a discount if you enter homebrew into competition. We had a blast last year and the year prior. I hope to see more of the local homebrewers there.

http://www.parenfaire.com/brewfest/main.php

beerloaf.

Nice. I entered a tripel, strawberry blonde, and a cream ale. I saw the other day that the competition was filled with 300 entries and now closed.

beerloaf

I placed 2nd on two of my beers in their flight and my strawberry blond did not place in the fruit category. I placed 2nd with the Tripel out of 19 entries and 2nd with the Cream ale out of 24 entries. I was pretty happy with that. I'm waiting on the score sheets and feedback. How about yourself?

beerloaf

Yes I did, I got 37 for the Tripel and 35 for the Cream Ale. Interesting and good feedback overall. They did not like the Strawberry blond due the extract flavoring. That ended up getting 22. I found that interesting because it's a beer I have a hard time keeping around because everyone likes it. I will try to make it next time with real strawberries and see how it turns out.

beerloaf

Very nice scores, congrats. I still haven't recoeved mine hopefully today. Did you get prizes or just score sheets? Wasn't sure if stuff was donated or not

I got the score sheets, 2 ribbons for the 2nd place in categories and 8 Renn Fair tickets. Which I thought was pretty nice.

beerloaf

Back