Purple Haze Clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbegley

Reaction score
Does anyone have an all grain recipe for an Abita Purple Haze clone? I asked for suggestions on what SWMBO would like me to make and that's what she came up with.

Thanks!

Well, since nobody came up with a clone recipe, I went ahead and bought the clone from AHS. I'll post when it comes with the recipe so everyone that is looking for one, will have one :)

I'm actually brewing a partial mash version of the AHS purple haze clone. Let me know how yours comes out... I'm still debating wether or not I should use the raspberry flavoring they include (add at bottling/kegging), or get some raspberry puree and add that to the secondary for a lil while.

i'll give you mine. it's not bad. only done it as an ale, though. live in new orleans, visited brewery, and tried to get all i could out of them. they were tight lipped.

first. im almost positive they do NOT use real raspberries, unless they are referring to 'real' raspberries that made the extract.

second. i have not been able to get the pinkish color. maybe they get a real dark red extract that gives the color. food coloring is my suggestion here. appearance will make a difference for people.

8lbs pale malt (2 row)
1lb wheat
.5 carapils
1oz Perle (boiling) @50min
1oz Vanguard (aroma) @2min
US-05 yeast.
add extract to racking.

i've gotten pretty good results. doing the lager next, though. but adding green coloring for my St Paddy Haze.

Back