Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a tie between Rolling Rock and Sam Adam's Cherry Weis. Both absolutely disgusting. that being said I never dumped them out. I mearly tipped them back as quickly as possible.

Four Loko. I'm ashamed to admit that I even tasted it.

No Beer. I did try this the other day while at the barn getting my horses feet trimmed. Horrible crap. I couldn't finish. The 12% thing got me I did the lemon one, learned my lesson.:mug:

I'm surprised to see so many well known main stream beers being posted as the "worse" beer someone has ever had.

It seems that it is almost required to list a macro brew for it to be bad.

BMC, Lonestar, Corona, etc. are not THAT bad.

Maybe its just living in a country with a very very very limited beer selection (Budweiser, Heineken, Stella, Brahama and Quilmes) makes me appreciate these "bad" beers.

I can always drink a BMC and be satisfied and enjoy it, where as I have had a few micros that, after one sip, I had to pour it down the drain (Otro Mundo Golden Ale, Antares Kolsch, Barba Roja)

I couldn't agree more. Too many snobs here (and I thought I was a beer snob). Bud, Miller, Coors, Heineken, Corona, etc etc aren't good beers, but the worst beers ever? No way, but I understand why they are mentioned considering how overrated they are. But Sierra Nevada, Chimay, Deschutes!?!? How can these possibly be the worst beers people have tasted? Were you paying bums to buy you micros when you were 18?

For a truly wretched experience, pour a carb-free Caguama into a plastic cup and experience hell. Tastes like cat piss and nail clippings fermented in a rusty bucket.

Runner up: All the aforementioned Sam Adams flavored/holiday beers- nashty!

Kronenbourg 1664.

I cannot drink this swill and have no ideal how anyone can. Obviously a personal taste/palate thing, but just the thought makes me get that tingly feeling in my gullet.

Ugh.

LOL i was going to buy a six pack of this yesterday, but instead i bought a Erdinger dunkel and a Hoegaarden :)

the worst beer ive tasted is the bud with tomato juice i cant remember the name and miller chili...

here in mexico when you have a bad hangover you can mix bmc with clamato, (tomato juice with clam juice), lemon, and chilli, and its pretty decent but those pseudo ¨chabelas¨are not good.

Chabelas is the term for the beer with clamato

cheers

The WORST I've ever had was a bottle of Gulden Draak that had obviously gone bad. It was the first time I had it, and until I had the opportunity to taste it again for free, I thought it was terrible.

Other than that and BMC, Leinekugel's Sunset Wheat or Rogue Dead Guy Ale have stuck in my mind as the worst beers I've ever had. Can't really fault Dead Guy since I know other people love it, but it definitely wasn't for me. The Sunset Wheat was obviously just a terrible recipe.

No Beer. I did try this the other day while at the barn getting my horses feet trimmed. Horrible crap. I couldn't finish. The 12% thing got me I did the lemon one, learned my lesson.:mug:

Go Grape. Either way they are terrible. If I'm looking in that price range I'm going for the OE800 (which I do like for nostalgia purposes).

My worst beer I have ever tasted was from the house beer from Hog's Breath Saloon in Key West, took one swig and asked for a replacement of ANYTHING. That stuff tastes like somebody hangover pissed whiskey into a flat beer. On a more commercial scale I hate Icehouse and severely dislike Lingenkugel's Summer Wheat.

I have to say Guinness (in a 473 mL can with the N2 widget). To me, it tastes like the worst properties of a stout with the worst properties of a BMC.

Funny thing is, I love the Young's Double Chocolate stout and Yankee Jim Ice Lager.

Made the mistake of grabbin' a Shlitz malt liquer for a rider, one afternoon.... went out the window..:mad:

I gotta go with Black Label like a couple other guys. Gag reflex. It was my Dad's beer of choice, and it was so bad I never swiped a third one.

Also, back in the late 70's early 80's I actually tried one of those generic beers (you know, the white cans with the black label that said "Beer"). It seriously sucked ass.

And...during my Penn State years, Iron City. Woof. IC Lite actually tasted better.

Bud, then Red stripe. I'd rather be sick than drink either of those. I did also have a Dieu du Ciel Hibiscus wheat that I thought tasted like vomit, too. Plus, I really, really, REALLY hate sours. I even ended up trying to use a bottle of Petrus in a vinagrette as a salad dressing, and still couldn't stand it.

Go Grape. Either way they are terrible. If I'm looking in that price range I'm going for the OE800 (which I do like for nostalgia purposes).

My worst beer I have ever tasted was from the house beer from Hog's Breath Saloon in Key West, took one swig and asked for a replacement of ANYTHING. That stuff tastes like somebody hangover pissed whiskey into a flat beer. On a more commercial scale I hate Icehouse and severely dislike Lingenkugel's Summer Wheat.

I like to drink a little OE on occasion.

I'll vote for two...

First off, Black Label. I remember this one from when I was a kid. My dad (a tee-totaler) would buy a quart every spring. He'd pour small dishes of it and leave themaround our garden to kill slugs.

The second - Mickey's in the Big Mouth bottle. The only reason to drink it is because you can play quarter bounce with the bottles. And it's cheap. Pretty much the only reasons my friends and I drank it back in college.

The wife and I went on vacation to Canada a few years back. We crossed the border up at International Falls. There is a liquor store before youget to I. Falls. I had to make a very important decision since i could only bring a case into Canada. So i ended up getting Summit Extra Pale Ale and Sunset Wheat (2 12ers, we also got some whiskey so that put us at the LEGAL amount we could bring in). The Summit was great, the Wheat i did not mind. It tasted good on a hot day after fishing. Once in Canada (Nestor Falls), I found out there was a liquor store attached to the local grocery. Walking through it there was enough Labatt and Molson to make the Mckenzie brothers happy. then I saw a beer with my favorite letters on it; IPA. Yes! I thought, so I got a 12 pack and raced back to the cabin. to make this long story short, it almost ruined my vacation. ALEXANDER KEITH'S INDIA PALE ALE. this was the worst beer i've ever had. to even call it a Pale Ale is a crime, let alone and ALE. it tasted like a labbat filtered through a baby's diaper.

Cave Creek Chili. It tasted like they took Natty light and spiked it with chili peppers. Undrinkable.

…
By far "Buffalo Sweat Stout" (on tap) by Tallgrass Brewing Company and I'm a stout drinker.
…
Without a doubt the 6er of “Buffalo Sweat Stout” I picked up yesterday is the worst. I had one and will be giving the others away to people that I do not want to keep mooching my good brews. That or just dump them. :drunk:

I may try mixing it with some failed homebrews I have set back. Finding one that it will help will be a challenge though. I hate to just dump beer of any kind.

I had one in class the other day made in bamberg germany. it was a smoked marzen. it smelled like bacon and the smoke was overwelming. i love bacon but not in my beer thank you very much

Coors by far, ............Quick Fact- little do most folks know the latin to english translation of "Coors" is -"mildly carbonated water, dosed into 12 oz containers that will after 40 or 50 give you a mild buzz and make you have to pee ALOT.

Lazy mutt... I know, anything with an animal in it's name is destined to be horrid...sometimes you just have to try them.....I wish I hadn't... It tastes like someone boiled down a tub of malt liquer and rebottled it....

Seconded only by Kingfisher out of India ...... Maybe it had sat to long or something....it wasn't skunky...just way to malty....

I had one in class the other day made in bamberg germany. it was a smoked marzen. it smelled like bacon and the smoke was overwelming. i love bacon but not in my beer thank you very much

I've had that, it makes an awsome BBQ sauce....but just to drink... I agree, not so good..

The Worst I have ever had was back in the 70's when they came out with the first lite beer: Gablinger's. It was dreadful.

This breaks my heart! Are you speaking of River Horse Brewing Company in Lambertville, New Jersey? This is one of my favorite breweries.

Yeah, sorry. The good news is that they have new ownership and new beers since my experience (which was ~4-5 years ago). So they may actually be good now.

Samuel Adams Coastal Wheat

Sam's specialty brews have been going downhill for a while now, but with this, I actually gagged a little and then sent it back. A new low. Stick to what your good at, Mr. Koch! (Though I loved their Noble Pils, go figure)

Back