My wife is about to stop my brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
better yet... every batch you brew, buy her a bottle of wine...

I was thinking this as a reply as well. Trader Joe's, 3-Buck-Chuck for the win. Works in my house.

I did just make a Cider for my beautiful half. It finished at 7%! :ban:

I feel very fortunate... my wife hates beer, but supports my brewing and is encouraging my upgrade to 10 gallons and my brew room build...but she is a real keeper...
My wife prefers wine to beer, but she's the one who started me on this odyssey back in 1992 and has really enjoyed the homebrewing lifestyle we adopted.

Any good beer recipes that are pretty easy for a beginner that my wife (a girly) beer drinker would like. that are not crazy fruity but I would still enjoy???

Has she ever had a Porter or Stout w/a nice coffee background taste? My SWMBO likes the dark brews.

My wife hates beer, the only two times I have seen her drink it was the first night we met (very deceptive...she was trying to impress me), and when we went to Ireland for our anniversary (even she said you cannot be in Ireland without drinking)

She has always supported my hobby and she will even help me out when I'm brewing (though she complains about the smell the whole time)

Let me add this... if you absolutely cannot find an offering in the homebrew department to please her, and buying her a bottle of wine or whatever her preference every time you brew doesn't work... try this (and maybe you already do this, I don't know).... Clean the kitchen. When you are done brewing, leave a nice, shiny clean kitchen, with a nice clean, not sticky floor.
Yeah, that's a good one. But. don't tell her that the kitchen is much cleaner after you're done than when you found it....

aerialmedical said:
You must stop her before she stops you....you know what you have to do.....go on now.....do it.

That's good advice. I told my wife before we got married that there were certain things I was going to do wether she liked it or not and that we could part ways if that was not cool. So it's jist a matter of whether we have the money or not and that is a completely different story heheh.

Hops is an acquired taste for many. My wife started out a few years back nothing but BMC. Started her on a few store bought wheats, then a few of the Sam Adams seasonals and just worked my way up the IBU chain slowly but surely. She's made it all the way now...just tried a 70 IBU IPA I made recently and I was shocked when she loved it. It's a matter of conditioning. Now she HATES BMC with a passion, says it has zero flavor. :rockin:

Patience grasshopper.

When I met my wife almost fifteen years ago she wasn't into beer or coffee that was even remotely dark or strong. Now she drinks her coffee black and likes her beers with some serious kick to them.

Last night she took it upon herself to try a Trappist experiment I did that came out much darker than I had intended. I liked it but I knew that it was the kind of flavor that others likely wouldn't. Her response...."That's excellent!"

It takes time.

just read all 102 posts. just before i got to #51 i was thinking the same thing. Skeeter Pee is a great summer drink that just about all women seem to like ALOT. i notice that alot of the men drink when taken to BBQs or clambakes. warning if you make it you will have to start a pipeline but worth it. good luck

Latest posts

Back