What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
This is the first one I've had. It's a great beer, but not as good as Abrasive or Heady. I'm not sure if its $18.00/6 pack good, but hey, you never know until you try it. I'll still probably try to get my hands on some again next year.
Speaking of hyped beers, when can I expect my shipment of Pliny from you. :D

We can work on that soon. As close as I am to the brewery, it's still an hour away and they don't distribute anywhere up here. I will be going down before too long though, and I'll give you a holler.

White cranberry peach wine. It was horrible when it had just been brewed. It's about 6 weeks old now. Still really sour, but not horrible.

image-4083580029.jpg

Lagunitas Maximus. I like this more than Little Sumpin. The aroma is outstanding.

Nice.Wait til you try the Hop Wallop. This just showed up in my area without me having to drive too far to get it this time finally. One of my Victory favorates and if not most or almost all of them are great.:mug:

I almost grabed that instead of the hop devil. It didn't have a best buy date so I pick hop devil which did. I thought it was weird if one does and the other didnt

bottlebomber said:
We can work on that soon. As close as I am to the brewery, it's still an hour away and they don't distribute anywhere up here. I will be going down before too long though, and I'll give you a holler.

I'm in no huge hurry. I spent a lot of money on beer and brewing last year and my wife is probably about ready to kill me. The only thing that probably stops her is that she needs me for money. So whenever you get some Pliny just let me know and we can work something out.

Terrapin Wake-N-Bake. I wish this wasn't a seasonal. The aroma off this could wake a dead horse, tons of chocolate and coffee. Excellent beer.

Everyone is showing off all their Terrapins, I don't get them in my area. Jealous and sad.

Swarley88 said:
Everyone is showing off all their Terrapins, I don't get them in my area. Jealous and sad.

Yes, I too need some Terrapin in my life. Looks like my next vacation I'll have to head that way and pick up some Cigar City in FL as well. Sad thing is I was in AL and FL last May and just didn't look up what regional beers were available there. We didn't hit any liquor stores, just Walmart when we all bought our groceries. They had a horrible selection and I ended up just splitting a case of Coors with my dad to drink on the beach. Ahhh, the banquet beer.

WesleyS said:
Yes, I too need some Terrapin in my life. Looks like my next vacation I'll have to head that way and pick up some Cigar City in FL as well. Sad thing is I was in AL and FL last May and just didn't look up what regional beers were available there. We didn't hit any liquor stores, just Walmart when we all bought our groceries. They had a horrible selection and I ended up just splitting a case of Coors with my dad to drink on the beach. Ahhh, the banquet beer.

That sucks. I am headed to the Cigar City brewery soon, it is less than 30 minutes from Disney. Any normal grocery has Cigar City and Terrapin. If you can't wait, I am always up for trades (wink, wink)

allenH said:
That sucks. I am headed to the Cigar City brewery soon, it is less than 30 minutes from Disney. Any normal grocery has Cigar City and Terrapin. If you can't wait, I am always up for trades (wink, wink)

What can't you get in your area? I'm in So Cal and theres tons of great local beer. I'm been trying to get my hand on terrapin for awhile.

HellBound said:
What can't you get in your area? I'm in So Cal and theres tons of great local beer. I'm been trying to get my hand on terrapin for awhile.

Pm me and we will figure it out!

allenH said:

I appreciate the offer. I might have to take you up on that in the near future.

WesleyS said:

Want terrapin? Ill do a trade, hit me up

Drinking Blackout Stout from Great Lakes

PS - I have Hopslam (2013), a 6er of Zombie Dust and a 6er of Gumballhead For Trade! I can get my hands on Founders, Bells, Two Bros, some Deschutes, firestone walker, Revolution, Oskar Blues

Just got off work so I'm sampling some more of Stauff's brews. This is the sweet stout and it is delicious. Nice and full bodied with a little lactose sweetness accompanied by a soft roast character. Very nice, man!

P.S. Apparently I can't clean glass properly because I rinsed the crap out of this glass and still got tons of nucleation.

20130122_055500.jpg

Much better pour this time around. This is Stauff's robust porter and it's going down really well. I whipped out the old style guidelines and not only does it get everything pretty much spot on, more importantly it tastes and smells great. Lightly roasted, but not too much, finishes relatively dry with a touch of residual sweetness, caramel and biscuit in the background. Quite delectable. Well done, sir, well done.

20130122_064700.jpg

I live in Minnesota, any of our beers spike your interest?

New England Brewing is a true diamond in the rough in these parts. Most of the CT breweries are mediocre at best, but New England Brewing and the new Two Roads Brewing both stand out from the crowd around here. This beer in particular is my favorite local beer, period. I don't know if it would win, but I'd put Gandhi-bot up against Heady or Abrasive any day.

20130122_150100.jpg

New England Brewing is a true diamond in the rough in these parts. Most of the CT breweries are mediocre at best, but New England Brewing and the new Two Roads Brewing both stand out from the crowd around here. This beer in particular is my favorite local beer, period. I don't know if it would win, but I'd put Gandhi-bot up against Heady or Abrasive any day.

Most excellent!! I look forward to trying this one.

I just had one last week that a co-worker swapped with me. It was outstanding!

I really like this stuff. It's annoying that SA puts all of their good beers in the variety packs.

ForumRunner_20130122_151926.jpg

No trip to CT this week so why not celebrate Trappist Tuesday!

View attachment 95994

My buddy's ice fishin' brew... Trappistes Rochefort... the "Roach fart"

9.2% alcohol and still some fermentables left around... fun times.

I like the way you guys think. I'm gonna subscribe to your news letter.

I have no Trappist beers, so I'll have to make due with my Belgian Session. maybe one of my Horehound Belgian Strong next.

Back