Wine making book?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iHeartBeer

Reaction score
Hello,

My search-fu sucks. Looking for a good book about making wine at home.

Thanks,
iheartbeer

I always thought it was the same for all. I guess i want to learn the difference. I would like to make some strawberry wine and understand what is needed.

Thanks

There are lots of grape winemaking books, but fewer country winemaking books.

"The complete handbook of winemaking" has some good info for country winemaking, and I see it at every winemaking and homebrewing shop i've ever been to.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I should ask this question. The process it takes to make grape wine, is it the same as making strawberry wine? Like step to step?

Also cheese is this the book. Amazon book link

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.

I guess I should ask this question. The process it takes to make grape wine, is it the same as making strawberry wine? Like step to step?

Also cheese is this the book. Amazon book link

That's the book. I have made grape wine, but not country wine, yet. So, no comment on the differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Joy of Home Winemaking" by Terry Garey. She starts you off with Welch's and yeast and walks you all the way through what you need to know for some really good wines. An easy read and I like her oddball sense of humor. Plus she's got almost as many unusual country wine recipes as Jack Keller. Anybody who can make potato-mint wine is either crazy or a homebrewing genius.

Back