The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our tenants (they live above us) were hanging out in the basement (my area) one time. We were all drinking and I noticed that he came back from the kegerator with a drink whose color did not match anything I had on tap.

So i ask, "what did you go with?"

"Oh I mixed the apple stuff (he was referring to apfelwien) and the stout (this was a cinnamon oat stout.)"

He mixed apfelwien with stout!

The nice thing about where I live is I think more people drink craft beers than BMC. In fact, most people I know think Fat Tire is watery and tasteless. Even the grocery stores typically dedicate almost as much space to craft beers as BMC.

I have yet to have anybody surprised at a style I hand them. Surprised I can brew it in my back yard maybe, but not surprised to see real beer in a glass.

The nice thing about where I live is I think more people drink craft beers than BMC. In fact, most people I know think Fat Tire is watery and tasteless. Even the grocery stores typically dedicate almost as much space to craft beers as BMC.

I have yet to have anybody surprised at a style I hand them. Surprised I can brew it in my back yard maybe, but not surprised to see real beer in a glass.

Ahh, yes, like when I lived in Victoria and Vancouver...

I brewed "The Four Horsemen," a 2-row, malted oat, malted wheat, malted rye, honey/molasses/cascade concoction I cooked up. Looked like an American amber, tasted totally unique.

I was giving a sixer to my uncle to try and my dad commented "What kind was that, a pilsner?" I couldn't stop myself--"Hell no, it's not a pilsner!" The way most people think "ale" is the word for "fancy" beer, Dad thinks "pilsner" is high-class beverage.

Of course, my 60+ year old coworker doesn't want to try any of my brews because he's not into "those fancy lagers". It's got me wanting to brew a really well done Pilsner Urquell and label it "Jack's Fancy Lager".

Fun times.

BMC drinker: hmmm smells like budweiser..
Me: ok...
Him: *tastes* tastes like miller
Me: well it's a dunkelweizne it's not really...never mind.

a quote from SWMBO:
"you are just mixing apple juice with sugar and yeast? will there be any alcohol?"

The answer: maybe a little... ... I'm just trying it to see how it tastes

Everytime I hand SWMBO a new ready beer to taste...

Sips...sips again...."Ummmmm, it's good..."sips..."I think alot of other people would like it, what's that taste thing everybody likes?"

Me - "Hops"

Her - "Yeah, Hops, people like that.....it's too much for me, don't you have anything I can drink?" ( Meaning PBR or Genny Cream...)

And that's why I make wine for SWMBO.:fro:

Everytime I hand SWMBO a new ready beer to taste...

Sips...sips again...."Ummmmm, it's good..."sips..."I think alot of other people would like it, what's that taste thing everybody likes?"

Me - "Hops"

Her - "Yeah, Hops, people like that.....it's too much for me, don't you have anything I can drink?" ( Meaning PBR or Genny Cream...)

And that's why I make wine for SWMBO.:fro:

Gave my father (who has a shovel for taste buds) one of my Pale Ales.

Rich: Ehh....whats that I taste in the backend?
Me: That would be hops.
Rich: Ya those! I don't like hops.
: he tastes a second and third sip and walks off with the bottle :

Gave my father (who has a shovel for taste buds) one of my Pale Ales.

Rich: Ehh....whats that I taste in the backend?
Me: That would be hops.
Rich: Ya those! I don't like hops.
: he tastes a second and third sip and walks off with the bottle :

His tounge has now been infected by the Hops Retrovirus and he will never be able to drink another BMC ever again.

His tounge has now been infected by the Hops Retrovirus and he will never be able to drink another BMC ever again.

HA! I wish that was true. I've been having him taste good beer for the past year and he only liked one of them (a chocolate bock). His palate has only improved a total of 2% in that time....

MOST people that drink BMC are not going to be able to handle stouts, pale ales, IPAs, etc. NOTHING with big, bold flavors.

If you really want to get someone into good beer, start with some nice german lagers, cream ales, light-flavored hefeweizens, etc.

Otherwise, you're just wasting beer.

Nah, I prefer to force them to drink a pint of Dark strong Belgian or IIPA. I figure that will really mess with there taste buds. And by forcing them to finish the pint I get even for them attempting to waste my beer.

I have a rule. Once your lips touch the glass, you finish it or I kick you in the balls.

Nah, I prefer to force them to drink a pint of Dark strong Belgian or IIPA. I figure that will really mess with there taste buds. And by forcing them to finish the pint I get even for them attempting to waste my beer.

I have a rule. Once your lips touch the glass, you finish it or I kick you in the balls.

Remind me not to come over to your place

Ha ha ha!! I like that!
Think i'll make a sign and stick it to my beer fridge saying just that, that'll teach em not to dare waste any drops of the nectar of the Gods!

I understand them girls in Quebec don't believe in shaving. Maybe that's why

Ok... That about does it... i am trying to find the "Delete my account" option in my profile.
I cant believe such a comment is not a blattant "Get the F*** out of here" kind of thing. :mad:

What's your concern? It's a joke. Lots of girls in Oakland don't shave, I don't get upset when people joke about it. Isn't punching girls in their ovaries a bit more offensive?

*LMAO* :)
I was upset cause i wanted to open a "UnderArms" shaving saloon in Quebec... but Schlenkerla just spoiled the punch and i will now look like someone who stole the idea.

Punching the girls in the ovaries?
Now thats something i never saw in Quebec... must be a local thing in the US? :)

*LMAO* :)
I was upset cause i wanted to open a "UnderArms" shaving saloon in Quebec... but Schlenkerla just spoiled the punch and i will now look like someone who stole the idea.

Punching the girls in the ovaries?
Now thats something i never saw in Quebec... must be a local thing in the US? :)

Your ":mad:" kind of threw few people thinking you were PO'd.

Glad you saw it as a joke. :mug:

Your ":mad:" kind of threw few people thinking you were PO'd.

Glad you saw it as a joke. :mug:

Yeah! ...i had cold sweats for a moment seeing how it was turning out... :eek:

The thing with forums is that we cant see eye to eye, and it makes it all a bit tricky sometimes with just typing words on a post...

And me not being perfectly bilingual sure doesn't help...

So what the heck, sorry for the awkward looking attempt of a joke and cheers to all of you, hey... it's Friday for God's sakes at last so Cheers! :mug:

Now i gotta ask the wife to show me if she shaved properly... :ban: :drunk:

You sure got me. :D

Sorry dude... think i'll stop posting awkward stuff and stick to beer guzzling for the rest of the evening... :drunk::mug:

How are you doing?
Im already sipping on my 6th 12 oz home brew bottle, it's a 5.2% ABV Kolsch yeasted Pear Blonde Ale of my own, not bad at all if anyone asks. :)

Ok im outta here cause im so :off:

I decided to come into werk for a few hours, then there will be a bunch of people over, so I need to get a second keg set up. And my friend is bringing over a third :D

I'll let you all know the comments on the Wit, American Wheat and Blackberry Porter ;)

In Victoria, BC. Hot girls guzzle porters and stouts by the gallon.

And craft brews grow on trees and the streets are paved with hops!

Worst comment so far : "Oh that's just disgusting!" when trying my Paulaner Hefeweizen clone. Truth be told, it was one of the ones I had accidently bottled on top of a quarter of a bottle of sanitizing solution, so it was pretty bad.

Don't even get me started on fallen soldiers (empty bottles). I don't mind you drinking my beer, but if you open it, you drink it or suffer my (not inconsiderable) wrath damnit.

looks to me like a legitimate bitchy post then a backup post to try and fix things, lol maybe im wrong.

stupidest comment:
guy "Its really thick."
me "what do you mean?"
guy "Its just too thick for me."

duh

<edit> lmao, these are comments about a stout i made and nothing dirty you pervs!

Back