Imperial Indian Braggot recipe advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolitamigo

Reaction score
http://hopville.com/recipe/416303/home-brew/imperial-indian-braggot

I know what using honey in an ale can dry it up, so I tried to go light (using what I guess is 3 lbs or 1/4 a gallon). I also added 1 pound of honey malt and 1 pound of crystal to add more sweetness to the final product.

any suggestions, even about the hop additions are welcome and appreciated.

I also considered using a higher mash temp to add some more sweetness but wasn't sure if that would be needed or if it would hurt the beer in some other way.

Also I was wondering about what yeast you would use, I was thinking just going with the American ale because I have had great results with it and lower abv pale ales.

I'd tone down the crystal, that's way too much for a hoppy brew, I'd do 1lb tops.

As for the hops, I'd move the amarillo to flameout and consider moving some simcoe to the 15min or flameout add.

S-05 should be fine. I liked how brett C worked on the braggot I made if you want to add some funkiness to yours.

I was thinking of making a wit-braggot with some yeast from a lindeman gueuze. Thought it would make a delicious grassy funky sour mead. Thanks for the input I will adjust my hop additions to get some more hop kick in the aroma.

Back