Kolsch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunden

Reaction score
I transferred a Kolsch to my secondary today. I started out with an og of 1.050 and ended at 1.012 about 5.8 abv it looks and smells great also has a really nice flavor...I did this from an extract recipe that called for steeping German pils alot of people say to do a mash on these and I agree and I will do that next time I make this recipe, but I wanted to stick to directions. I used US-05 and left in primary for 10 days at 65df before transferring. I guess my question is will this beer have more clarity after two more weeks in secondary and three weeks in the bottle?

I was going to let it stay in the secondary for two more weeks @ 65df and then cold crash it...I understand the concept of cold crashing, but my only question is,if the yeast drop out of suspension during the crash, what will eat the priming sugar for botteling? Also, will someone post how to add pics?

Back