Graff is too dry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjlammer

Reaction score
I made my first batch of Graff and it ended up getting down to a FG of 1.000. I just transferred it into the keg, and am wondering how i should sweeten it?

Should I add apple juice and sorbate?
sorbate and glycerin (wine conditioner)?

Other ideas?

How much?

What was your OG? I just brewed mine yesterday and on the original thread I got the recipe from, it said OG of 1.060. Mine happend to be 1.066. I'm shooting for a FG of 1.010. How long was your fermenting and did you use a secondary?

Sorry, but I'm a noob and don't know the answer to your questions...

My og was 1.064, and I did a three week primary. I checked it after a week and it was 1.012, so watch it closely.

Iwould have tried the crash cool technique, but I was usng my kegerator to lager an Oktoberfest.

I'm sure you tried it and didn't just rely on your hydrometer to tell you how it tasted, so how dry was it for your tastes? People generally use from 1/2 - 2 cans of apple juice concentrate per 5 gallons, it all depends on your taste. Since you wont be drinking it until its in your fridge anyways, wait till then to add the concentrate and you wont have to worry about preservatives. Start on the low end and add to taste.

Back