Iphone App

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewJr

Reaction score
Has anyone found a good App on the Iphone for brewing All-Grain?

Brew Pal is another that I've been using. I'll probably check out the others here. I've got it on my list to do to make one myself if I can't find one that fits all of my needs.

Have not tried beer math but I've tried brew alchemy which is made by the same company. Brew Alchemy is really good but than again I've never compared it to beer smith or other app.

I have BJCP Styles and that's exactly what it is - an iPhone version of the BJCP style guide. It can be handy and it's free so no harm in having it around.

I have Brew Pal. I like it for what it does, and for $.99. I think it includes Sparge Pal so I didn't bother downloading that. I wish it would allow me to import a recipe instead of having to build one on the phone. BJCP styles is also great. I didn't care for HBCalc much.

Oh i forgot to ask is there any "beersmith" type software out there for a mac?

BrewPal is great. I was in on a big brew day (300 gallons!) and I punched all the numbers into it, alongside the guy who was running the whole thing with ProMash. Even with this huge of a batch, BrewPal came out with exactly the same numbers as ProMash. Not bad. It's pretty easy to use, too.

Brew Pal is the best I've seen so far. I don't do AG yet, so for me it's missing extract info, but it still is very useful.

Anything missing in those? I've been playing around with the iPhone SDK a bit so I'm looking for an application to test some stuff out on.

Back