Hops Direct doesn't answer the phone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
A group of my brewing buddies and I have been calling Hops Direct for the past week and nobody has answered the phone. We have probably placed more than 10 calls and have sent more than one e-mail and we still haven't heard back from anybody. Anybody else experience the same thing?

A group of my brewing buddies and I have been calling Hops Direct for the past week and nobody has answered the phone. We have probably placed more than 10 calls and have sent more than one e-mail and we still haven't heard back from anybody. Anybody else experience the same thing?

I think they're busy pelletizing hops right now...

M_C

Their website says they're real busy and that it's tough to get through on the phone and recommend online orders. They are working those pretty well, I placed an order last Monday and I had my tracking number Wednesday. Sorry to hear you're having trouble, I've always had great service from them. Has to be that they're just slammed.

I know they are busy at this point in the season. They need to hire somebody to answer the phone and answer e-mails.

I think after a full week of trying to call them that I have given up on them. The prices are too high for me, I get better prices elsewhere. We are doing a big order from somebody, 80-100#.

1234 said:
I know they are busy at this point in the season. They need to hire somebody to answer the phone and answer e-mails.

They probably do, and they're probably helping out too!

I haven't seen better prices...but if you're unhappy with them feel free to not order, just leaves more for the rest of us!

There's probably some "cascadian" folk hippy renaissance festival going on out there or something, I wouldn't worry about it though. I'm sure they'll ship your hops out once they tire of singing kumbaya around the campfire and all the blotter wears off.

wholesalehops.com

Did you even look at the two sites prices side by side? I just checked 5 different hops and hopsdirect was cheaper by a couple bucks on every one of them...PLUS, some of them were 2011 on hopsdirect vs. wholesalehops.

Did you even look at the two sites prices side by side? I just checked 5 different hops and hopsdirect was cheaper by a couple bucks on every one of them...PLUS, some of them were 2011 on hopsdirect vs. wholesalehops.

Just thought you may be interested since they are located in Northern Illinois.

The only place I've found that has better prices when comparing the same crop year is Crosby, and then only on a few varieties.

I'm figuring if you have to talk to them to place that order it's to get around the one pound limit, and they announced that weeks ago when the harvest started. Probably should have planned ahead better and not waited for them to get super busy.

I'll cut hopsdirect slack on any service issues because they're a farm first and foremost. The fact that they put up with packaging and shipping one pound at a time is amazing. And how many farms sell direct? Two. So good for them and I'll deal with some delays.

The only place I've found that has better prices when comparing the same crop year is Crosby, and then only on a few varieties.

I'm figuring if you have to talk to them to place that order it's to get around the one pound limit, and they announced that weeks ago when the harvest started. Probably should have planned ahead better and not waited for them to get super busy.

I'll cut hopsdirect slack on any service issues because they're a farm first and foremost. The fact that they put up with packaging and shipping one pound at a time is amazing. And how many farms sell direct? Two. So good for them and I'll deal with some delays.

Don't forget that their typical "1 Pound" is actually 18-19 oz. They keep me coming back easily.

I do not use wholesale hops and I get much better prices by buying in bulk. Hops Direct said they wouldn't do pre-orders. I pay 5.25 a pound for willamette and 6 flat for cascades. Hops Direct does send you out a little more than a pound, but the farm I buy from contacts me back when I have a question. The owner usually e-mails me from his smart phone. They are awesome.

Back