Brew Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ster

Reaction score
How did I not hear about this tv show until today?

Wow.. Meat smoked malts???? Beer donuts. Colonial Corn ale... best show ever.

Agreed and I liked how other craft brewers like Sam Adams and Stone participated.

I didn't know there was an esquire channel, and never dreamed I would watch it...

Flipping throught guide...

Brew Dogs... cool

First one I saw, they smoked malts with meat and brewed using only the sun and lenses at 14000 ft altitude in colorado.

Saw a few episodes last week...still need to see San Diego and Boston. I'm disappointed they did not do a Cascadian Dark Ale brew.

The Boston episode was pretty cool. They actually soured their mash by taking a bath in it....then they added seafood (lobster and clams) to their boil. Kinds weird but their brew setup was amazing...they had their 3 kettles setup on a gimble type contraption on a sailboat. Was pretty BA.

If you have On-Demand check out the episode from San Francisco. They collect condensation from the San Fran Bay fog and use as their brew water. Very cool!

Just checked my On Demand and they have 4 episodes or so that I haven't seen yet. Guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

+1 to all of this.

Free preview on DISH.

Only questionable thing they said was during the episode with the parabolic mirror setup.
After putting wort in primary and adding a vial of 1056, one of the guys said it would take 5 days for it to ferment out.
Seemed like a bit of misinformation but awesome show with a ton of cool ideas.
How much you think one of those parabolic mirrors goes for?

This is a great show. The new one in Boston was really good, making beer on a sailing ship and boiling live lobsters right in the wort was awesome. And then jumping in the sour mash with Jim Cook from Sam Adams like it was a hot tub. Unfortunately, Boston was the season finale, and we will have to wait a year for more episodes.

I was a little surprised in the Portland episode where they made a beer using ZERO hops, because it would have made a lot more sense to use hops in the region where they are grown. Maybe they are saving that kind of beer for a Washington State episode.

I'd really love to see recipes for the beers they brew. I suppose it would be possible to guess and get something close, but there are things they don't mention, like yeast types or even quantities...

Perhaps if anyone does have a crack at reproducing any of the beers (or if James or Martin see this) it would be great to post up your recipes and tasting notes...

I hate to say it but I find this show awful. First off, the hosts are condescending, pretentious, and rude. They talk to people like they aren't even people. Second, doing things like making the most caffeinated beer or the most alcoholic beer are things that I just don't find appealing. Having the most alcoholic beer, IMO, is not a status symbol of master brewing - its a novelty. I've had Sink the Bismarck, and although I can't make it in my kitchen, I wouldn't want to because it tastes like stomach acid. If I want that much booze, I'll drink bourbon. Having the most alcoholic beer on Earth is like serving the most fatty steak on the planet. I don't like the way they portray brewers, the hosts aren't funny, and they make super interesting things not interesting at all.

Also, slurping beer off a tasting spoon?! :mad: Give me a break!

Back