What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the end of the day today, I'll have a Maris Otter/Willamette SMaSH in primary, racked my Dusseldorf Alt to secondary for lagering, and then tomorrow I'll be adding a Sticke Altbier and a Doppelsticke Altbier. Both are more or less the same recipe as the original Alt (same ingredients, same hops, same general proportions, same fermentation schedule, and yeast harvested from the first Alt), just bigger.

Edit: In addition to my Lamebic and Sour Stout.

West coast IPA

American Pale Ale

Hopbursted Pale ALe

American IPA

Saison Tonight

I also have 3, 1 gallon batches brewing. no idea what they will become but i experimented a bit and threw things together to see what turns out. :)

3 of these one gallon bad boys with some weird mixes and a surprise taste. Put them together with beersmith when I was really bored. Hope they turn into something good lol ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388250711.528320.jpg

3 gallons kolsch in secondary, 3 gallons of kolsch being funked. Hope to still be able to make a saison today.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Brewed an APA kit with added oz of sorachi ace at flameout yesterday.

Just getting back into homebrewing and this was a welcome sight this morning.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388342068.288247.jpg

JimmytheGeek said:
Have you done this one before? How does it taste? I can imagine it's a pretty good combination! :rockin:

I made it last year around this time & it got universal approval. in fact, I gave some to a GABF medal winning pro brewer who loved it & to a distributor who told me that if I could make this on the pro level he could sell it in every bar in Virginia! (I try to ignore the fact that both had been drinking a bit... it was nice praise to get!)

Got the idea of mashing the coffee from the head brewer at DuClaw (MD) and was impressed at the subtle but very detectable coffee notes.

I made it last year around this time & it got universal approval. in fact, I gave some to a GABF medal winning pro brewer who loved it & to a distributor who told me that if I could make this on the pro level he could sell it in every bar in Virginia! (I try to ignore the fact that both had been drinking a bit... it was nice praise to get!)

Got the idea of mashing the coffee from the head brewer at DuClaw (MD) and was impressed at the subtle but very detectable coffee notes.

So it didnt get that boiled gas station coffee taste from the boil? Nice.

5G Milk Stout
Up next, an experimental session saison type thing using some cultured Ommegang Witte yeast.

Edit: @jwil, I'll post the recipe if it's at all successful and PM you a link. Not really following any style guide, just mixing it up with all sorts of things.

BB APA - Will bottle this Friday after 19 days in primary
MrB Power Patriot (got 2 pack MrB refill as Christmas present but I don't have a MrB kit...it will be beer!) Will bottle Jan 18
Plan to drink them during Super Bowl....yeast willing :)

BB Witbier next in pipeline once I free up a primary this Friday.....mama wants her Blue Moon

On Deck: Citra American Brown Ale
Primary: Pale Ale with a Marzen Grain Bill
Secondary: Centennial Blonde
On Tap: Centennial SMASH

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Home Brew mobile app

1 gal Chocolate Habanero Mead
1 gal Sweet Plum Mead

5 gal Golden Sour ale (on french oak)
5 gal Sour Stout
5 gal Brett Rye White IPA
3 gal Spontaneous Fermented Project

So far. Going to brew a few more soon. Got another brett Starter going for something devious muhaha

5 gallons Chocolate Milk Stout -- 11 days in fermentation, still going wild.
5 Gallons Citrus Cerveza -- A variation of Clemifornia Commontine, brewed yesterday.

Back