Coming to NY - City and Newburgh-ish area.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gremlyn

Reaction score
I'll be in NY in June, arriving on the morning of the 5th, spending one night in the city, and then going to visit the wife's fam in the Newburgh and Mahopac areas, I think staying in the Newburgh area.

I'm actually looking for a place to go watch the UK/USA World Cup game on June 12th that is English-friendly if anyone has any suggestions. I'm curious what brew-pubs of interest there may be in any of the area's I'll be staying, and of course if anyone would like to come join me for a drink at one of them, that'd be cool too :)

Well I live in the area and there isn't much along the way of brew puns here two of the top of my head are Hyde park brewery nothing spectacular or the Gilded Otter in New Paltz good beers meh food . There are several sports bars but I don't know how popular Soccer will be.

PM me we can get together for a cold one at my place just on the other side of the river from Newburgh

If you're willing to drive a bit, I've got a Buffalo Wild Wings in West Nyack at the Palisades mall. We'll be opening at 9am for World Cup games and while we mostly sell BMC, I've got 6 NY craft beers on tap you may not have seen before.

Where is their farm ?
Fam, not farm... as in family :p I believe we're staying with her Aunt in Newburg, somewhere along the river. She has more family over in Mahopac/Putnam Valley as well.

If you're willing to drive a bit, I've got a Buffalo Wild Wings in West Nyack at the Palisades mall. We'll be opening at 9am for World Cup games and while we mostly sell BMC, I've got 6 NY craft beers on tap you may not have seen before.
I don't think I'm going to rent a car, so it looks like you might be a little far out of the way... Thanks for the offer though :)

I am sure your Aunt will tell you too but Front Street in Newburgh is great with several good places to eat . I like the Havana 59 nice open patio with outdoor bar and they have motorcycle parking which is always a plus.

Back