Fireball Whiskey and Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frosty56

Reaction score
I'm moving my cider to the secondary tonight and I'd like to give it that hot damn/fireball kick too it...

Any suggestions how to flavor it like that? Or should I just add fireball whiskey to the secondary and how much?

I'm moving my cider to the secondary tonight and I'd like to give it that hot damn/fireball kick too it...

Any suggestions how to flavor it like that? Or should I just add fireball whiskey to the secondary and how much?

Cinnamon and ginger. Those will give you a signature "fireball" kick. I use 1 Tbsp of cinnamon in my 5 gallons of spiced cider. With that in mind I would say you need at least triple that (or more) to give your brew the ridiculous level of heat a fireball type drink.

I would also add at least a pound of shaved ginger for that same 5 gallons. A buddy of mine uses a ratio of 1 lb of shaved ginget per gallon for a rocking ginger ale, but start a bit smaller and work up. Good luck!

I'm going with a pint of fireball whiskey and a 1/4 box of red hots... I'll let y'all know how it turns out

Back