Outdoor Brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohave_steve

Reaction score
I have been away from brewing for some time and would like to get started again. Unfortunatel my current home has a TINY kitchen. I am looking into the option of brewing in an outbuilding. The building is enclosed on three sides. It is currently very dusty & full of cobwebs. I have concerns as to how well I can clean and maintain the space. Am I overly concerned?
I can sweep & hose it down but there is no way I can maintain the sanitary level that I used to when brewing in my old kitchen. I was pretty severe when it came to cleaning etc.

Also, I have only one 20A electrical outlet and a garden hose for power & water.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Steve

Don't sweat the small stuff. Sanitation is important, but it is not the boogeyman some people make it out to be. I brew outside all of the time and have had leaves, bees, etc... land in my wort. Still good beer.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Sanitation is important, but it is not the boogeyman some people make it out to be. I brew outside all of the time and have had leaves, bees, etc... land in my wort. Still good beer.

Hmmmm... "Try McBrew's Oak Leaf Amber it's got Bzzzz"

Thanks Everyone for the input. I am going to give it a try.

To simplify the bottling task I am thinking about bottling in 32oz resealable Growlers. Any thoughts or suggestions there??

Thanks again

Steve

Back