Shiner Limited Edition Bavarian Amber Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortMonger

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, first time to try this beer and it is not as malty as I would have expected. It is decocted at least once and I really expected to taste more than this. The Munich is delicious, but does anyone else know what I am talking about? I'm not knocking this beer at all, just wonder how to get something a little maltier than this when I start my lagers. The liquor store didn't really have any Marzen or Oktoberfest beers so I thought I would try this and do like it very much, just wanted a more keen palate to lay it out for me.

Ok, second beer at 45*F and I can start to appreciate a little more the malt I am smelling. I hope they keep this one going as I have stopped drinking shiner and would so keep buying this beer in it's place.

Ó Flannagáin said:
I really don't like any shiner I've ever had. Have not had this one though.

x2, I saw this at the store but decided not to buy it. I think there beers are worse than BMC.

I'll take a Shiner over a BMC anyday, but it's not something I'd buy for myself.

If I'm looking for a good cheap beer I'm grabbing Yuengling.

i really enjoyed the shiner 97. i actually bought about 3 six packs of the stuff.

In the end I thought it was a fairly good beer, it just lacks that European feel to it which is what I was wanting. I know it is an American beer, tamed for typical Americans, but I was hoping more oktoberfestish than it was.

Back