Need help with a newbie mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdj2289

Reaction score
4 days ago I racked a Belgian wit into secondary. I came home from work today and notice little white balls floating on top on beer. I turns out that I didn't dissolve all the one step sanitizer when I prepared the carboy. The granulars are starting to dissolve and leaving a sheen on top. What should I do? Leave it alone? Rack into another carboy and leave the granular and sheen behind? Thx for any help. P.S. And yes I know I need to get Star San!!!

How little are these little white balls? I'm guessing your probably fine and I'd just ride it out. The concentration is going to be pretty small mixing it with five gallons of beer.

Icould be wrong but I dont think onestep is a true sanitizer. Most people use star san for that. Other than that, I cant answer your question.:mug:

Just an update..... The beer turned out awesome! Been in the bottle for 2.5 weeks, crack one open and I'm very happy with the taste...thx for the help

Back