Getting Started

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
Hi everybody, this is my first post.
I've made lots of wine in the past but I am new to brewing beer. Can anyone help me by coming up with a relatively simple recipe for a Pilsner type beer, it doesn't have to be specifically for Pilsner but something in the same style. I live in the UK where the home brewing hobby is not as popular as it seems to be in the US so the simpler the ingredients the better, as they will probably be easier to get hold of. Would also appreciate guidance on equipment too.
Thanks everybody. :) :)

Whew...that's kind of a broad question. I'd suggest you do some reading online. This forum is a great place to start, but there are lots of sites with comprehensive guides. Also, maybe pick up a copy of the Complete Joy of Homebrewing and read it. After that, you'll have a clearer understanding of the process, and probably more specific questions that we can help with.

I would have to quit my job to give you a ground-up guide to homebrewing, and I'd be duplicating the many efforts of others.

Hey, welcome to brewing and to the forum!

Janx said:
Whew...that's kind of a broad question. I'd suggest you do some reading online. This forum is a great place to start, but there are lots of sites with comprehensive guides. Also, maybe pick up a copy of the Complete Joy of Homebrewing and read it. After that, you'll have a clearer understanding of the process, and probably more specific questions that we can help with.

I would have to quit my job to give you a ground-up guide to homebrewing, and I'd be duplicating the many efforts of others.

Hey, welcome to brewing and to the forum!

I've got a copy of Dave Millers Homebrewing Guide that I am working my way through. I also started a Coopers Pilsner kit last week. I kegged it yesterday (Monday) after 7 days, it appeared to have stopped fermenting after 5 but I gave it a couple more to make sure. So am now waiting for secondary fermentation and clearing. Anybody out there tried this kit? is it OK? also what sort of time am I looking at before it clears and will be OK to drink.

Back