Fermentation issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
I pitched my first batch of beer last night, and checked on it this morning, and everything was progressing beautifully... I had 1 - 1 1/2 bubbles / second (7 hours after pitching). I get home from work tonight, and go to move the primary to its final brewing location (my nephew was asleep last night when I finished up, and my dad's old wine cellar is the other side of his room) it's no longer bubbling (or at least bubbling VERY slowly... at the fastest, it was bubbling at the rate of 1 bubble every 20+ seconds)

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do to make it brew at a better rate? From everything I've read, its supposed to be bubbling at least at 2-3 bubbles / second after 24 hours.

Suggestions?!?!

There are no hard and fast rules like that, and if there were your beer would just ignore them. Relax and have a brew...your beer is doing fine.

sweet, thanks Charlie !! (Papazian, like the reference to his quote... Im adapting it for my logo... "relax, don't worry, have a Frew Brew")

Your beer should be fine. I had one that started to bubble like yours then slowed like yours as well and I didn't have any problems with it in the long run. The one I have in the primary now has gone nuts. It is on its fifth day and is still bubbling once every six seconds.

Back